Game Thread? Game thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 09:14 PM)
55 left.

16-39 with two losses to Houston might get it done.

I can't see a team with this good of pitching having that record, but I have no clue how you lose 8 in a row when your starters have an era under 2.75 over the stretch.

Santiago deserved a better fate but we can say that for Sale and Q too. If this team was even poor instead of very poor with the bats we'd be hovering around .500 .

So with that in mind, we shore up the D and Garcia hits, add some improvement from a few guys , add some bats somewhere , throw in the even number year 2014 as a good luck charm and we're competing :P

Edit. Forgot bullpen arms , no problem we're good to go.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Since the Sox were 24-24, they have gone 16-43.

In those 59 games--Sale, Danks, Quintana, Santiago, and Rienzo have made 47 starts, and their ERA is 3.62.

Peavy and Axelrod made 12 starts with a 7.39 ERA, but the current 5 have been wasted like no other staff.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 07:57 PM)
2 ??? 1 !!!

LOL! It's gonna be difficult to be worse than the Astros. Hitting wise we're even but the Sox' pitching is better, not that good pitching has gotten many wins lately.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 09:05 PM)
LOL! It's gonna be difficult to be worse than the Astros. Hitting wise we're even but the Sox' pitching is better, not that good pitching has gotten many wins lately.

Where's your confidence?!? Stros win today we're 3.5 out of that 1st pick with 3 left with Houston. We can do this!!

The two new bright spots of the year pitched tonight: the development of Santiago as a first rate starter and Jones as a first rate reliever. I'd like to see them give Jones some save chances, if there are any to be had.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 08:43 PM)
Since the Sox were 24-24, they have gone 16-43.

In those 59 games--Sale, Danks, Quintana, Santiago, and Rienzo have made 47 starts, and their ERA is 3.62.

Peavy and Axelrod made 12 starts with a 7.39 ERA, but the current 5 have been wasted like no other staff.

The only thing that concerns me with Santiago is his BB/9 and HR/9, he owns 3.97BB/9 & 1.12HR/9 as a starter thats a yellow flag. Since July and including tonights game he is at 3.22BB/9 a .75 drop and 1.15HR/9 a .03 increase. Hector needs to follow in the mold of Rienzo and keep his pace up, because when he takes to much time between pitches it goes to s***. As a starter he has a 4.24FIP @ a 3.20 constant thats below average.

Hector has the talent to be just as good as Sale, he just needs to get those two things in check and he will be money.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 01:14 AM)
They need to stop playing Keppinger

I wish the Sox had better talent evaluators. Can't they project when players are apt to go on the decline? Keppinger is one big bust.