Baseball on TV for the Out-of-Towner Sox fan

elrockinMT

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 05:55 PM)
Dude, they're 28 games under .500

Dude you say? They are 28 games under you say? They are still our team and this is Sox baseball I say. True fans don't ever admit to being down. This is all temporary

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 01:08 PM)
Dude you say? They are 28 games under you say? They are still our team and this is Sox baseball I say. True fans don't ever admit to being down. This is all temporary

I tend to carry the belief that I am a true fan and I can tell you 100% that the White Sox suck ass right now. I believe in Rick Hahn and have faith in what he is doing, and while it is yet to be seen if that is misguided, that's what I'm doing. In the mean time, I am not going to get excited about watching a baseball team that is 28 games under .500. I'll probably tune in for a bit, but this team bores me.

So, if by believing I have something better to do than to watch a bad team play bad baseball against a overpriced paper tiger with the most hated player in the game right makes me a "fake" or "bandwagon" fan, than so be it. I'm obviously still following the team and know enough about them to be able to comment on them, but I do not feel that watching Team Suck versus Team Spend is an efficient or productive use of my time.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
I tend to carry the belief that I am a true fan and I can tell you 100% that the White Sox suck ass right now. I believe in Rick Hahn and have faith in what he is doing, and while it is yet to be seen if that is misguided, that's what I'm doing. In the mean time, I am not going to get excited about watching a baseball team that is 28 games under .500. I'll probably tune in for a bit, but this team bores me.

So, if by believing I have something better to do than to watch a bad team play bad baseball against a overpriced paper tiger with the most hated player in the game right makes me a "fake" or "bandwagon" fan, than so be it. I'm obviously still following the team and know enough about them to be able to comment on them, but I do not feel that watching Team Suck versus Team Spend is an efficient or productive use of my time.

I will add that I have no problem that people do want to watch them. This is still our favorite team and we want to see them do well at the end of the day, and watching them and seeing progress happen before our eyes is always a nice thing, and there are some pieces in place that will be on the next winning team (which seems to have become the catchphrase around here), and one of the all time great franchise players is in his twlight years, if not year. There are reasons to tune in.

Still, it's a bit of a task to get excited about this bunch. Sale is good at least.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 08:21 PM)
I will add that I have no problem that people do want to watch them. This is still our favorite team and we want to see them do well at the end of the day, and watching them and seeing progress happen before our eyes is always a nice thing, and there are some pieces in place that will be on the next winning team (which seems to have become the catchphrase around here), and one of the all time great franchise players is in his twlight years, if not year. There are reasons to tune in.

Still, it's a bit of a task to get excited about this bunch. Sale is good at least.

You are a either a fair weather fan, or a 100%! solid fan trying your best to keep from crying :D Just accept the season for what it is and you will feel better. Nothing better than a win or two to get you into a better mood and then it's the end of the season and we can plan for 2014. Look at this way: at the end of the baseball season there is one winner and 29 losers so we aren't alone

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 03:29 PM)
You are a either a fair weather fan, or a 100%! solid fan trying your best to keep from crying :D Just accept the season for what it is and you will feel better. Nothing better than a win or two to get you into a better mood and then it's the end of the season and we can plan for 2014. Look at this way: at the end of the baseball season there is one winner and 29 losers so we aren't alone

Nope, I've pretty much accepted this team for what it is. I'm perfectly content with them winning or losing because they're almost certain to end up with a top 5 pick, which, at this point, is all that really matters anymore.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 06:32 AM)
I still get a kick out of the fact that fans outside of Chicago won't pony up $100 a year for MLB.TV. I mean, guys, it's 2013 not 1993.

Saved myself $100 this year by not doing so.

I will say that, because of this thread, I had something to watch while I was at the gym last night. Fun game.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 08:08 AM)
Saved myself $100 this year by not doing so.

I will say that, because of this thread, I had something to watch while I was at the gym last night. Fun game.

Alright I just find it amazing that real fans living outside of Chicago (like I do) would ever balk at getting access to all MLB games for the year for only $100, but to each their own.

Alright I just find it amazing that real fans living outside of Chicago (like I do) would ever balk at getting access to all MLB games for the year for only $100, but to each their own.

Well, I guess depending on your income and family situation, $100 means different things to different people.

If I were single, had plenty of time to watch baseball, and nobody else to spend my money on, I'd have paid it. Of course when I was in that situation I lived in Chicago and didn't need it.

Now I have 3 family members demanding my time and money, so $100 for baseball on my computer doesn't make sense.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 12:59 PM)
Well, I guess depending on your income and family situation, $100 means different things to different people.

If I were single, had plenty of time to watch baseball, and nobody else to spend my money on, I'd have paid it. Of course when I was in that situation I lived in Chicago and didn't need it.

Now I have 3 family members demanding my time and money, so $100 for baseball on my computer doesn't make sense.

Hickory is right and I don't like sitting in front of my computer all night. But, I might go to that MLB Extra Innings cable site next year

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 09:38 AM)
Hickory is right and I don't like sitting in front of my computer all night. But, I might go to that MLB Extra Innings cable site next year

If anyone has a playstation, you can stream it right from your playstation to your TV. Amazing quality as well. I understand not wanting to watch on the computer- another option would be to link a HDMI cable to your TV and watch this way.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 08:37 AM)
If anyone has a playstation, you can stream it right from your playstation to your TV. Amazing quality as well. I understand not wanting to watch on the computer- another option would be to link a HDMI cable to your TV and watch this way.

Roku does a great job of this as well.