White Sox v Tigers

Torii Hunter. Notorious sox killer in more ways than one. Haven't seen us lose 10 in a row in a long time. Whatever pick the sox end up with (Rodon, Gatewood, Beede, Hoffman, Toussaint, Jackson, etc.) I hope they use every source of scouting they have to make sure that is the right call for that prospect to succeed here.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 01:35 PM)
Iglesias' defense is unreal

Now you know why I like him so much. Soft hands, very good range , quick release. Great hand-eye coordination. That's why I think his bat will catch up eventually (hand-eye) and quick bat. Took Ozzie Smith a while but the same attributes led to him becoming a much better hitter. You have to be able to look beyond the stats. Once he starts trusting his hands more he'll start getting hits all over the field . Right now his quick bat makes him a bit pull happy.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 08:51 PM)
Axelrod and Flowers continue their audition for independent leagues. Axelrod's Sox career has to be over soon.

This I agree with and it's another reason you don't anoint people Cy Young or Silver Slugger based on a handful of games. We were loving Dylan early in the season, but a bullpen guy he isn't at least at the end of the game

I am sorry no way this coaching staff can return as a whole, no reason to wait till offseason start cleaning house now. De Aza worst Sox baserunner in 25 years.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 06:06 PM)
This I agree with and it's another reason you don't anoint people Cy Young or Silver Slugger based on a handful of games. We were loving Dylan early in the season, but a bullpen guy he isn't at least at the end of the game

And yet you're tossing him aside based on a similar number of games.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 01:49 PM)
Torii Hunter. Notorious sox killer in more ways than one. Haven't seen us lose 10 in a row in a long time. Whatever pick the sox end up with (Rodon, Gatewood, Beede, Hoffman, Toussaint, Jackson, etc.) I hope they use every source of scouting they have to make sure that is the right call for that prospect to succeed here.

Just wait. We're gonna turn it on in September, finish with some "respectable" record, and push ourselves out of the Top 10 draft picks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 03:56 PM)
And yet you're tossing him aside based on a similar number of games.

There is a difference in how you treat guys with tools and those without a lot of tools. Clearly Viciedo is going to get more time then a guy like Axelrod. You see if a guy like Axelrod works (despite not having big league stuff), however, its pretty clear when watching him that he doesn't have a major league career. Don't waste developmental time on guys like that...find new guys. I can't write off all kinds of players based upon my eyes just like scouts can.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 04:49 PM)
Just wait. We're gonna turn it on in September, finish with some "respectable" record, and push ourselves out of the Top 10 draft picks.

It won't happen . I've seen a few people say this (unless it was you more than once) but I don't see it at all. Imagine if the Sox make waiver deals and we see Dunn, Rios, Lindstrom , Alexei or any combination of them leave. You think we're bad now , I think we can finish with 105 losses.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 09:51 PM)
Axelrod and Flowers continue their audition for independent leagues. Axelrod's Sox career has to be over soon.

No reason to trot him out there any more. I agree with you about Flowers. He's done.