8/5 Game thread vs Yankees. 7:00, CSN

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think moving forward, losing streaks should be treated like winning streaks with regards to game threads, and if the Sox lose, the previous thread starter has to start the next one. If this is already being done, then consider me an idiot.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 11:30 AM)
I think moving forward, losing streaks should be treated like winning streaks with regards to game threads, and if the Sox lose, the previous thread starter has to start the next one. If this is already being done, then consider me an idiot.

I second this brilliant notion!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 33m

The #Whitesox have sold 2,000 tickets this am since news of Arod and expect at least 25,000 tonight #Yankees

I don't really understand why. OMG I have to see ARod?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 08:09 PM)
I don't really understand why. OMG I have to see ARod?

I think it's more likely just the fact that sox are in national news created ticket interest. Hell, Yankees used to be automatic lock for 25k, i'm guessing some fans just found out they were in town since nobody has paid attention to this team.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 03:14 PM)
I think it's more likely just the fact that sox are in national news created ticket interest. Hell, Yankees used to be automatic lock for 25k, i'm guessing some fans just found out they were in town since nobody has paid attention to this team.

Cubs fans want to see their old pal Alfonso again

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)
Irrelevant. With the Sox offense, any go-ahead HR by the opposing team is a walkoff, home or away.

True, what's the record for all time losses in a row? I'd assume we lose all 3 weather permitting, so that's 13. That would have to be the record??

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 05:01 PM)
True, what's the record for all time losses in a row? I'd assume we lose all 3 weather permitting, so that's 13. That would have to be the record??

Not even close. The longest is 2x that long, 26 in a row, but that was from 1889. In the more modern era it's 23 in a row by the Phillies.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 05:26 PM)
Rick FTW

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 9m

Rick Hahn asked about ARod and didn't want to comment. Said "You've seen how this team has played: I've got 99 problems and ARod isn't one."

:lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
Rick FTW

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 9m

Rick Hahn asked about ARod and didn't want to comment. Said "You've seen how this team has played: I've got 99 problems and ARod isn't one."

:lolhitting

Subtle dig at Scott Boras?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 07:55 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 33m

The #Whitesox have sold 2,000 tickets this am since news of Arod and expect at least 25,000 tonight #Yankees

Makes sense and baseball laughs all the way to the bank