Sox v. Yanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy f***, how many more times is Hawk going to talk about that game in KC with the rookie pitchers? As if that's proof the farm system is good.

8 rookie pitchers. Ok, Omogrosso, Axelrod, Septimo, and Marinez were in there. Big deal.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/KC...201207130.shtml

BTW--Hawk keeps saying 10 rookie pitchers. Wrong.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 08:00 PM)
Holy f***, how many more times is Hawk going to talk about that game in KC with the rookie pitchers? As if that's proof the farm system is good.

8 rookie pitchers. Ok, Omogrosso, Axelrod, Septimo, and Marinez were in there. Big deal.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/KC...201207130.shtml

BTW--Hawk keeps saying 10 rookie pitchers. Wrong.

And they gave up eight earned runs in their thirteen innings. You would think they threw a shutout

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 06:11 PM)
And they gave up eight earned runs in their thirteen innings. You would think they threw a shutout

For accuracy Q gave up 5 ,Jones 2 . 7 runs in 5.2 innings .The other 6 ( Omogrosso, Septimo, Marinez, Santiago, Reed, Axlerod ) gave up 1 in 7.1 innings. 5 of 8 currently with team .

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 06:40 PM)
Going off of what they said, it would be a pure salary dump with little coming in return.

I think in Dunn's case, we may be able to get a few warm bodies, but yeah, the waiver process does not provide the selling team with much leverage other than financial.

We're running out of time to have one of our pitchers throw a fastball at ARod's head. The baseball world has been waiting for this to happen and next inning may be the last chance of the series. If Robin doesn't have the nads to have our guys plonk him in the head, its definitely time for a new manager.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 06:50 PM)
If it's Dunn, then Viciedo can DH and ADA go to LF with Garcia playing CF

That's workable and Garcia in the Cell is fine I guess ,not in my book though. My line of thinking is this. When you have good starting pitching the next thing to do is get defense. To me that means a younger slick fielding SS and a fleetfooted CF and good defensive catcher. Up the middle D 1st. Garcia should be in RF .

Get the D 1st if possible build around pitching and D. Don't know if Hahn thinks the same as me and, even if he did ,circumstances may prevent doing it that any way .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside