Sox v. Yanks

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 08:12 PM)
How awesome is Beckham at barreling up pitches now

He looks like he did his rookie year. Hard hit balls all the time. Its great. I really hope this is what we get from him going forward. And if it is, the good thing is the Sox will have money next year to extend him (I wouldn't hand him an extension in the off-season, I wait till May/June and then if he's still performing, then I extend him). Q is who I'd extend.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 08:20 PM)
Hawk and Stone were talking about how much they like ADA in the 2nd spot. I agree and wouldn't mind seeing him there for the rest of the year.

I'd like him in that spot too. Would be nice to find a leadoff hitter.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 09:00 PM)
Stone is awesome, just not with Hawk. He's the best local baseball guy around by far but it doesn't show.

Hawk and Wimpy are so good together. Even Hawk haters will admit that.

Hawk goes back to being good whne Wimpy is around. They have tremendous chemistry.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 10:59 PM)
I can't believe anybody would dislike Stone. Does anybody know more than Stone about MLB in 2013?

what a ridiculous statement

but Chicagoans have to appease their fragile egos by assuring themselves that their local baseball broadcaster knows more about baseball that the execs who actually assemble the teams he broadcasts for

lol, cracks me up. I've even heard this rhetoric on 670, that Stone is the smartest baseball mind in the game. what nonsense

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 04:17 AM)
I was looking at Flowers on 3rd on the replay and even though he might've judged it to be very deep , I was surprised to see him halfway down the line towards home. I mean why ? It lands you walk home from 3rd and he catches it you tag up easy by just staying at 3rd.

There were 2 outs

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 05:17 AM)
I was looking at Flowers on 3rd on the replay and even though he might've judged it to be very deep , I was surprised to see him halfway down the line towards home. I mean why ? It lands you walk home from 3rd and he catches it you tag up easy by just staying at 3rd.

I think there were two outs, no? Which then he should have been home.