8/9/13 Sox v. Twins Day/Night DH

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 03:32 AM)
Seeing a lineup like this tomorrow would at least keep me interested:

ADA

Beckham

Alexei

Dunn

Konerko

Garcia

Gillaspie

Viciedo

Phegley

I agree that should be the lineup. Put the three automatic outs at the bottom of the order and hope for the best one through six. I do like Phegs' potential but he needs some instruction still.

Seriously, is this manto guy qualified?? Not bagging on him, I just want a GOOD hitting coach to help out Phegs/Garcia/Viciedo/Danks.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 10:31 PM)
14 homers in last 42 innings for Axelrod.

I'm happy for Axe though. To go from the independent league to starting in MLB, his team won a game he started vs. Felix, had a couple good starts. Getting knocked around in MLB is better than anything we do for a living. It's not like he ever cost the Sox a playoff spot anyway.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 10:46 PM)
Rick is a very comforting man to listen to, at least. :lol:

I think Hahn has enough patience to go through the process in the correct way. I think Rick sees the power of prospects not only to help plug in talent at the major league level but as chits for trades later. Kenny was always plaing for this year. His moves were bold at times however were short sited for sustainability. Great interview.

The Hahn inteview was good. I forget his wording but I did like early on he referred to this "disaster" of a season or something like that. I like the fact he matter of factly referred to this season as you or I would: disaster, monstrosity, putrid. I forget the word but he said a "fan" word indicating this season has been horrific. I like the accountability/realism.

He does not seem at all like he has a big ego. He seems like he knows how to run a team. Does that mean he'll get it done? We shall see. It takes some luck, too. Like A. Garcia. Great great prospect. But could he flame out? Of course.

Edited by greg775