8/10 vs Twins

flavum

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 09:00 PM)
I like how pitting Alexei in the 3 spot suddenly changes him into a completely different player. (namely the power)

About 2 months ago, Ventura said that he was concerned that Alexei was sacrificing too much of his power trying to be the perfect #2 hitter. Many at the time suggested moving him in the order to try and see if this improved his power...I guess we'll see what happens now.

Of course, Marty also wants Andre Ethier, even though he's a platoon player at this stage (especially in the AL) and on the wrong side of 30, so probably not on the next White Sox playoff team, lol. And he would probably cost around the entire $37-38 million we saved on Crain/Thornton/Peavy/Rios.

Ergo, MOST readily-available veterans are consequently going to be over 30 (and too long in the tooth to be close enough to their primes in 2-3 years now when the Sox next contend) and most younger players are doomed to end up like Viciedo.

Best of both worlds. That leaves you only with those 25-29 year olds in their prime who are so readily available for trade.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 03:02 PM)
About 2 months ago, Ventura said that he was concerned that Alexei was sacrificing too much of his power trying to be the perfect #2 hitter. Many at the time suggested moving him in the order to try and see if this improved his power...I guess we'll see what happens now.

Maybe they should try that with Tim Anderson, haha.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 09:49 PM)
Countdown until declarations that he's finished underway.

I'd feel better about all our young players in the system if I had confidence in Manto. Like Tank. WTF is his approach all about? Can't they correct it?