8/10 games

danman31

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 10:13 PM)
Somehow this thread didn't exist yet.

http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?s...mp;ymd=20130810

Semien went ofer. Thompson had a double and a walk. Ravelo had 2 doubles and 2 walks. Cose threw 7 scoreless. Anderson had 3 hits.

Is Anderson still struggling with the XBH issue? Haven't been following the minors recently...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 11:29 PM)
Is Anderson still struggling with the XBH issue? Haven't been following the minors recently...

He's kind of just struggling overall. Not much power (0 HR) and he's striking out in almost 25% of his PA.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 10:34 PM)
He's kind of just struggling overall. Not much power (0 HR) and he's striking out in almost 25% of his PA.

Has anyone seen him play SS in person? Reports?

Surely he's made a lot of errors...we'll see where Anderson, Micah Johnson and Semien all end up in terms of their ultimate position destinations.

With the XBH issue, Anderson really needs to be at SS or 2B, possibly CF. He's limited to those 3 positions...unless the White Sox had big-time slugging coming from CF and RF and DH/1B/3B/C...then he could be a LFer in the Pods/Pierre mode.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2013 -> 05:40 AM)
Has anyone seen him play SS in person? Reports?

Surely he's made a lot of errors...we'll see where Anderson, Micah Johnson and Semien all end up in terms of their ultimate position destinations.

With the XBH issue, Anderson really needs to be at SS or 2B, possibly CF. He's limited to those 3 positions...unless the White Sox had big-time slugging coming from CF and RF and DH/1B/3B/C...then he could be a LFer in the Pods/Pierre mode.

Not Anderson, but I talked to someone who watched the Charlotte game tonight who thought Semien had a bad game defensively. As for Daniel Webb, they thought he was slider-happy with a fastball at 96mph.

As for Anderson, he's really cut down on his errors of late.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 11:09 PM)
Not Anderson, but I talked to someone who watched the Charlotte game tonight who thought Semien had a bad game defensively. As for Daniel Webb, they thought he was slider-happy with a fastball at 96mph.

As for Anderson, he's really cut down on his errors of late.

What's the latest on his secondary stuff and command/control?

At 96, he runs the risk of being no better than Nate Jones. Maybe Montas could figure in as early as next year, also...?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)
YES...but, that's probably not the future closer of the White Sox, and not good enough to deal Jones/Reed for prospects if the pitcher replacing them isn't justifiably considered better.

Disagree. You always sell high on young closers,in my opinion. Especially when you can receive impact position players in return.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 11, 2013 -> 03:38 PM)
Disagree. You always sell high on young closers,in my opinion. Especially when you can receive impact position players in return.

I still hold to the philosophy that you don't trade young pitching without getting pitching in return.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 11, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
I still hold to the philosophy that you don't trade young pitching without getting pitching in return.

Except if we do trade Santiago/Quintana/Reed/Jones, it will be for hitting prospects in all likelihood.

Particularly in the case/s of those first three guys on the list.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
Except if we do trade Santiago/Quintana/Reed/Jones, it will be for hitting prospects in all likelihood.

Particularly in the case/s of those first three guys on the list.

I don't think that is necessarily the case. Also, I'm not saying that's what they will do, it what I would do. I've heard Hahn discuss the priority of pitching and the rumors were that the Sox were looking for pitching with Peavy and they did get 2.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 11, 2013 -> 02:57 PM)
I don't think that is necessarily the case. Also, I'm not saying that's what they will do, it what I would do. I've heard Hahn discuss the priority of pitching and the rumors were that the Sox were looking for pitching with Peavy and they did get 2.

Except how easy is it going to be to acquire a High A or AA starter with even better potential than Santiago/Quintana...?

Not very. And Addison Reed won't get you a Martinez (maybe Wacha) from the Cardinals, or a Top 50 or even Top 75 level of starting pitching prospect.

So that means you're essentially trading for more bullpen arms...in the end.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2013 -> 04:29 PM)
Except how easy is it going to be to acquire a High A or AA starter with even better potential than Santiago/Quintana...?

Not very. And Addison Reed won't get you a Martinez (maybe Wacha) from the Cardinals, or a Top 50 or even Top 75 level of starting pitching prospect.

So that means you're essentially trading for more bullpen arms...in the end.

They wouldn't be trading to be better than those. It would be in addition to. They will need 6-7 starters for the season if they plan to compete for a WS title. Right now there is Sale, Rienzo, Danks, Santiago, Q and maybe Johnson. That's 6 and they haven't seen rienzo much and haven't seen Johnson at all. They need more pitching if they really plan to compete for a WS.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)

Not very.

I dunno, we seemed to come up with Santiago and Quintana pretty much out of nowhere.