Tigers @ White Sox

Balta1701

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paulie with a base hit to right.

I still think those who think Paulie will retire after the season are mistaken. He's stunk, but not been completely embarrassed this year. If he hits between .240 and .250 wouldn't you think he for sure will want another 2-year deal?

I would think he'd want to stay in Chicago. If he signs with another team and truly is finished, that would be mighty embarrassing for Paulie. He would have to have extreme confidence in his not being washed up to go to another franchise I would think.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2013 -> 03:11 AM)
Garcia struggling to get lift, but he took better swings in that AB

Should be interesting to see what he hits the last several weeks of the season. He's going to get plenty of at bats.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2013 -> 02:11 AM)

I still think those who think Paulie will retire after the season are mistaken. He's stunk, but not been completely embarrassed this year. If he hits between .240 and .250 wouldn't you think he for sure will want another 2-year deal?

I would think he'd want to stay in Chicago. If he signs with another team and truly is finished, that would be mighty embarrassing for Paulie. He would have to have extreme confidence in his not being washed up to go to another franchise I would think.

No argument but I think if he decides to stay it's for one year with an option possibly.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 12, 2013 -> 09:11 PM)

.240 would be ok if he was still hitting 35 homers, but when you only have a .650 OPS its completely unacceptable. Any GM that would give Konerko a 2 year deal after this year should be fired on the spot.