8/14/2013 White Sox vs. Tigers

kageman129

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 14, 2013 -> 03:12 PM)
Exactly. Insanity :P

Interesting comparison actually. As of today (110 games), his season looks a LOT lot Frank's 1994 (113 games), which was by far Frank's best season. Cabrera is just a touch better today, 209 vs. 205 wRC+

And yet Frank's OPS+ was just a touch better that year :).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 14, 2013 -> 02:23 PM)
And yet Frank's OPS+ was just a touch better that year :).

Yeah, interesting that Frank got noticeably more value out of his power. Which makes sense, as typically a point of OBP is "worth" more than a point of SLG.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 14, 2013 -> 03:51 PM)
I really have no confidence in Danks anymore.

Agreed. And actually, I constantly forget he is even on the team anymore. And really, I would love for him to not be on the team anymore.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 14, 2013 -> 07:51 PM)
I really have no confidence in Danks anymore.

One can only hope we have him back next year stronger. The homer allowed totals are atrocious though. Teams are doing to us this year what our offense used to do to them

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 14, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
One can only hope we have him back next year stronger. The homer allowed totals are atrocious though. Teams are doing to us this year what our offense used to do to them

As others have pointed out...guys usually just don't throw this many HR balls when everything else in their repertoire looks good.

I wonder what would happen if every team had half the lineup bunt toward the injured Cabrera. I guess it's against baseball's unwritten code now to take advantage of a guy who is hurt. Every time Cabrera is deep shouldn't all teams besides the Sox (who can't bunt) bunt?

Stone - "Miguel Cabrera is giving every effort he has on every play regardless of how he is feeling"

Are you kidding me stoney? He doesn't run to 1B....on anything. You telling me if is maxing out his effort running to 1st? Hell no. He is taking it easy, which is fine, but no reason to pretend he is putting his health in danger by overexerting himself out there every play.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 14, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)
Stone - "Miguel Cabrera is giving every effort he has on every play regardless of how he is feeling"

Are you kidding me stoney? He doesn't run to 1B....on anything. You telling me if is maxing out his effort running to 1st? Hell no. He is taking it easy, which is fine, but no reason to pretend he is putting his health in danger by overexerting himself out there every play.

I agree.

That force out at 3B last night, Paulie would have beat, and his lack of effort on the ball lobbed his way for an error let Garcia score on his triple.

BTW, there used to be a saying mocking guys who "couldn't hit their weight". I wonder if Flowers will hit his freshman in high school weight this year.

QUOTE (KG#1 @ Aug 14, 2013 -> 02:21 PM)
Son of a . . .

I quit.

Great move by Ventura last inning using 3 players for one at bat. Tank for Flowers and Phegley as catcher. Since Tank and Phegley both bat from right side, I don't understand. Tank and flowers both out.