Fantasy football advice thread

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 03:11 PM)
I didnt mean he would be available in FA, I meant its a good time to trade for him while his stock is low.

Oh, yeah, well in that case, yes, it is a great time to trade for him

The one guy who is available in like 1 out of 6 leagues right now is Josh Gordon, and I don't understand that one bit

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)
Oh, yeah, well in that case, yes, it is a great time to trade for him

The one guy who is available in like 1 out of 6 leagues right now is Josh Gordon, and I don't understand that one bit

Me neither, I have him stashed in a few leagues.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 03:11 PM)
I didnt mean he would be available in FA, I meant its a good time to trade for him while his stock is low.

I got a grand total of 13 points from Calvin johnson, Roddy White and Marshon Lynch last week so Shorts is going in as the flex this week.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 07:47 PM)
Who should I start in my flex position? T.Y Hilton or Chris Johnson?

The guy I'm playing with has Luck so I'm hoping I could cancel out a TD catch by starting Hilton. Maybe I'm over thinking this and should play it safe by starting Johnson?

I would have said Chris Johnson all the way until that last comment. Interesting. I'd still go w/ Chris Johnson. Luck seems to love Reggie Wayne.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 06:47 PM)

The guy I'm playing with has Luck so I'm hoping I could cancel out a TD catch by starting Hilton. Maybe I'm over thinking this and should play it safe by starting Johnson?

You start your best team. I get where you are coming from, but you want the guy that will score more points. I wouldn't get too cute here, I'd start Johnson.

Fun fact: TY only played in 44% of the offensive plays last week.

I'd rather go with what's more likely to happen, than trying to bank on one TY Hilton TD pass at this point.

Just don't come flame me after TY catches 2 TDs.

I'll say, this thread is solid when it's not just everyone posting scores of their games and what they need to win etc/b****ing, and instead posting lineup decisions and value questions they have and other situations and we have discussions. Hopefully we can keep this up all year, love hearing different opinions and advice.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)
He just knows Daniel Thomas sucks, and Miller shows flashes. He could be a bust, but as we're talking about, one week. He's like a poor man's Wilson at this point.

Try owning Miller AND Wilson. Where's the "blow your brains out" smiley when you need it?

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 08:26 PM)
Try owning Miller AND Wilson. Where's the "blow your brains out" smiley when you need it?

Spiller and Miller not much better..............Spiller was my 1st round pick brutal!

Edited by Soxfest

Do my team. Ppr

WR: Roddy White Vs StL

WR: Steve Johnson vs Car

Flex: Frank Gore at Sea

Bench

Mendenhall vs. Detroit

Bernard

Lance Moore vs Tampa

DeAngelo Williams vs Buf

Chris Givens vs. Atl

Jerome Simpson vs Chi

No idea about WR 2 again. Leaning towards Simpson. Nervous about Gore in the flex.

Also Baltimore or Pittsburgh D.

I have:

WR: Jordy Nelson

WR: DeSean Jackson

WR: Vincent Brown

TE: Tony Gonzalez

Flex: Alshon Jeffery

Bench: Sidney Rice

Denarius Moore

Gronk

Nate Burleson

Shonn Greene

What to do about WR3/Flex spots? Once Gronk returns, he'll have that Flex spot on lock presumably. Not sure who will take over that WR3 in the long run and can't decide who to start. The posted configuration is how I went last week. Brown did okay due to a TD catch, but only had the one catch. Moore had a good game, I had sat him because I had no idea how the Oakland offense was going to go. Rice didn't do much and I don't really expect him to. Burleson might be a guy that picks up some big numbers in the Detroit passing attack, but I don't know about this week @Arizona

Also not sure about Alshon. Took him as a gamble just to give me another thing to root for in Bears games, but he remains an enigma to me. Seems like he ought to be one of the top 4 WR for now, but I don't really know

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 08:26 PM)

I've got both as well, luckily I have some other options right now.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 09:10 PM)
Do my team. Ppr

WR: Roddy White Vs StL

WR: Steve Johnson vs Car

Flex: Frank Gore at Sea

Bench

Mendenhall vs. Detroit

Bernard

Lance Moore vs Tampa

DeAngelo Williams vs Buf

Chris Givens vs. Atl

Jerome Simpson vs Chi

No idea about WR 2 again. Leaning towards Simpson. Nervous about Gore in the flex.

Also Baltimore or Pittsburgh D.

I wouldn't automatically pencil in White to that WR1 slot. Per White's twitter, he said if he doesn't practice, red flag, don't start him. Well, he didn't practice today. As of this moment, I wouldn't be starting him.

Definitely starting Johnson.

I'd still start Gore at Flex.

I'd actually go Givens or Moore over Simpson, if you don't play White. I don't think he can get anywhere near a good game against the Bears instead of the Lions.

Givens should be targeted much more in this game than last game, and you never know when Moore is going to have the roulette wheel stop on him to have his day for the Saints. If it was my team I'd probably go Moore.

Your D's a tossup, I'd lean Baltimore just because I feel better getting turnovers off Weeden at home than Dalton and Co. on the road.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 09:33 PM)
I have:

WR: Jordy Nelson

WR: DeSean Jackson

WR: Vincent Brown

TE: Tony Gonzalez

Flex: Alshon Jeffery

Bench: Sidney Rice

Denarius Moore

Gronk

Nate Burleson

Shonn Greene

What to do about WR3/Flex spots? Once Gronk returns, he'll have that Flex spot on lock presumably. Not sure who will take over that WR3 in the long run and can't decide who to start. The posted configuration is how I went last week. Brown did okay due to a TD catch, but only had the one catch. Moore had a good game, I had sat him because I had no idea how the Oakland offense was going to go. Rice didn't do much and I don't really expect him to. Burleson might be a guy that picks up some big numbers in the Detroit passing attack, but I don't know about this week @Arizona

Also not sure about Alshon. Took him as a gamble just to give me another thing to root for in Bears games, but he remains an enigma to me. Seems like he ought to be one of the top 4 WR for now, but I don't really know

Yeah Gronk takes that spot once "healthy."

Brown, Jeffery, Moore, Rice are all kind of in the same grouping of "take a flyer" guys. Burleson might get phased out once Broyles comes back. Broyles might play this week but likely not 100%, so Burleson still has value for now. Rice might be the #3 in Seattle it appears behind Tate and Baldwin. Jeffery had a decent amount of targets Sunday, but again week to week who knows. Moore might be a #1 receiver. Granted he has a HS QB throwing to him, but he'll likely get targets. Your best bet for consistency likely ends up being Brown.

At this moment, I'd probably group it like this, for separation, what little there is:

Brown

-

Jeffery

Moore

-

Rice

-

Burleson

I wouldn't worry about the long run for any of this, just week by week. I guess try to play the matchups until you can see consistency, if you can get it, from any of those guys.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 09:44 PM)
I'm debating on Stafford or Vick this week. I feel that both are high risk/high reward. Any thoughts?

I think Stafford's the much safer play, to me he's not really risk/reward type this week. Vick is for sure. I don't think it's an easy call either way, I'd probably go Stafford though. Floor's lower even if his ceiling may not be higher/less risk of injury 3 plays into the game.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 09:45 PM)
I don't think Roddy is playing his normal role. I'm not way down on Gore but Seattle is a tough play. DeAngelo Williams might be a better play than him this week considering how Vereen ran on Buffalo.

It wouldn't be outrageous to play Williams over him. Seattle is a tough matchup but if IIRC didn't Gore actually do fairly well against them last year?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 09:41 PM)
I've got both as well, luckily I have some other options right now.

I wouldn't automatically pencil in White to that WR1 slot. Per White's twitter, he said if he doesn't practice, red flag, don't start him. Well, he didn't practice today. As of this moment, I wouldn't be starting him.

Definitely starting Johnson.

I'd still start Gore at Flex.

I'd actually go Givens or Moore over Simpson, if you don't play White. I don't think he can get anywhere near a good game against the Bears instead of the Lions.

Givens should be targeted much more in this game than last game, and you never know when Moore is going to have the roulette wheel stop on him to have his day for the Saints. If it was my team I'd probably go Moore.

Your D's a tossup, I'd lean Baltimore just because I feel better getting turnovers off Weeden at home than Dalton and Co. on the road.

Thanks for the info on White. I didn't see that. I was going to start him because my other WR was Cecil Shorts. So here's the question Shorts or Gore for the flex. My WRs are Calvin Johnson and Torrey Smith.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 09:57 PM)
Thanks for the info on White. I didn't see that. I was going to start him because my other WR was Cecil Shorts. So here's the question Shorts or Gore for the flex. My WRs are Calvin Johnson and Torrey Smith.

I would be starting Shorts over White in a hearbeat, even if White "plays."

I'd start Shorts over Gore, and slam dunk if it's PPR. I think Shorts will get a lot of targets, and they may be in his zip code now that Henne is in instead of Gabbert.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 10:00 PM)
I would be starting Shorts over White in a hearbeat, even if White "plays."

I'd start Shorts over Gore, and slam dunk if it's PPR. I think Shorts will get a lot of targets, and they may be in his zip code now that Henne is in instead of Gabbert.

It is a PPR. Thanks.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 10:06 PM)
Sorry for all the questions but I'm new at this for this season. Wouldn't the fact that Oakland held Luck to 120 yards scare people off Shorts with Henne at QB?

It's all good ask away.

No, luck was still 18 of 23. Oaklands not a shut down defense. It's not like shorts is a top ten play, but I think he'll have a decent week.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 01:45 PM)
Anyone in leagues where you get a budget to spend on FA's instead of a waiver wire? Its newer to me and Im not sure how much to bid on a player. Im in a league where I absolutely NEED to get Joique Bell, we get 2500 to use on bids. What is a safe number that should guarantee I get him? Its a 12 team league and my RB2 is Ivory so if I dont get him I will probably be in trouble. I currently have a bid of 805 but I dont know if thats way too high, way too low or just about right.

Well I got Bell for 805, apparently it wasnt an insanely high bid because someone bid 1250 on Hankerson

Had a ten team snake draft, I had the 5th pick.

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Arian Foster

RB: DeMarco Murray

WR: Brandon Marshall

WR: Vincent Jackson

TE: Jason Witten

FLEX: Pierre Garcon

K: Robbie Gould

Def: Bears

Bench QB: Jay Cutler

Bench RB: Montee Ball

Bench RB: BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Bench WR: Golden Tate

Bench WR: Emmanuel Sanders

Bench TE: Martellus Bennett

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 07:47 PM)

In regards to Hilton, Indy's coach came out and said yesterday that he was disappointed in the way they used Hilton and want to get him much more involved in the game going forward. So take that for whatever it's worth. I'm starting him as my WR3 in a 3 WR league this week.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 02:19 AM)
Had a ten team snake draft, I had the 5th pick.

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Arian Foster

RB: DeMarco Murray

WR: Brandon Marshall

WR: Vincent Jackson

TE: Jason Witten

FLEX: Pierre Garcon

K: Robbie Gould

Def: Bears

Bench QB: Jay Cutler

Bench RB: Montee Ball

Bench RB: BenJarvus Green-Ellis