SN Report: Sox Change Minor Affiliates

Molto

http://www.soxnet.net/afiliatechange.html

Sox Change Minor Affiliates

SN Report #343 - By Mario Scalise - September 24th 2002 - www.soxnet.net

The White Sox announced on Tuesday that they have dropped their Arizona League affiliate Phoenix, and have reached a two year agreement with Great Falls of the Advanced Rookie Pioneer League.

Great Falls, located in Montreal, were recently affiliated with the Dodgers. Their home stadium, Legion Park, is currently undergoing renovations and should be ready by June 2003.

Originally posted by Molto

http://www.soxnet.net/afiliatechange.html

Sox Change Minor Affiliates 

SN Report #343 - By Mario Scalise - September 24th 2002 - www.soxnet.net 

The White Sox announced on Tuesday that they have dropped their Arizona League affiliate Phoenix, and have reached a two year agreement with Great Falls of the Advanced Rookie Pioneer League. 

Great Falls, located in Montreal, were recently affiliated with the Dodgers. Their home stadium, Legion Park, is currently undergoing renovations and should be ready by June 2003. 

i was going to post something about this. but here is my question? why? i thought they have been doing well in arz, so why the change. is the competion better there than it is in arz?

that could very well be it.

I'm sure it has something to do with the talent is developed. of course, it could just be about money or money.

really isn't that big of news anyway, same prospects either way.

Thats what I was thinking Cerb. First off the air will bolster the offensive production while killing pitchers confidence as well as stats. One real bad thing that can occur when a pitchers stats get inflated is they try to change the way they pitch and in turn could end up screwing themselves up.

Guest hotsoxchick1

hey oakland came here and took the kane county cougars as their new affilate why not move ours huh??? ariz was nice and all but i do think our guys will do better elsewhere...thin air ....

Definately. You going to be out there for a while or like a couple days?

I know I'm going to be there for about 4 days, the only problem is I don't know when I'm going to be there till about 2 weeks before it happens cause I have to make sure I can skip a day of class, that way I get thurs,fri,sat,sun or fri,sat,sun,mon,tues something like that. Of course if I have a day off or spring break early, then it makes it a whole lot easier.

One thing for sure, you'll have a ton of fun there.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i know its alot of fun.. this will be my thrid trip out...we will be out there for a week.....not sure which one yet we are in the planning stages.. and it has to coincide with my trip to mardi gras this year.. and also not interupt soxfest ....lol.....ill definately let you know as soon as possible though when we will be there so you have a time frame to shoot for ok.....