9/3 SOX vs Yanks

knightni

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a disgraceful start to September. So the Sox had one little hot streak all season. What a joke of a season. And to those of you mad at me for my posts, look in the mirror. Some of you post the same stuff as well.

Such as, "Glad we are losing." "Ha ha, five run eighth, keep it up, please lose." "I hope so and so gets shelled tomorrow so we lose." It's all the same. You say I POST the same things. Many of you are doing the same fricking thing. You also beat a dead horse and post the same things over and over. Pot/kettle deal here.

Yes I am PISSED at this joke of a season and joke of a franchise (see our top four outfield prospects from the recent drafts. Nice job of drafting, White Sox. Hope you do better with the No. 1 2 or 3 pick this year."

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 02:07 AM)
From what Hawk was saying earlier, it looks like Konerko,Dunn, Alexei, De Aza are all in their final month as White Sox. He said Beckham was the most accomplished hitter returning next year.

First of all, who the hell is going to take Dunn off the Sox hands at that salary? Hawk knows better than that. Nobody will want Dunn. I would hope we all agree on that.

Secondly, I know Alexei and DeAza probably piss off Robin for their many botched plays. Understandable, but I will say, good luck to the Sox replacing them. Our lineup has the potential to be one of the worst in baseball history if the Sox don't get somebody to hit in those two spots. Say what you want about them being mental midgets, Alexei and DeAza at least get multi-hit games once in a while.

Paulie, yeah he's probably gone. But again, if we don't get Abreu (sp?) our lineup really really really could be weak. Paulie is going to start for somebody next year. So he still is a big-leaguer. Wow, does Hahn have work to do if Hawk is right.

We might truly have a 110-loss team if all those guys are leaving. It's not like we have bats to replace them. Let's hope their replacements are more like Garcia and less like Keppindisaster.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 10:14 PM)
First of all, who the hell is going to take Dunn off the Sox hands at that salary? Hawk knows better than that. Nobody will want Dunn. I would hope we all agree on that.

Secondly, I know Alexei and DeAza probably piss off Robin for their many botched plays. Understandable, but I will say, good luck to the Sox replacing them. Our lineup has the potential to be one of the worst in baseball history if the Sox don't get somebody to hit in those two spots. Say what you want about them being mental midgets, Alexei and DeAza at least get multi-hit games once in a while.

Paulie, yeah he's probably gone. But again, if we don't get Abreu (sp?) our lineup really really really could be weak. Paulie is going to start for somebody next year. So he still is a big-leaguer. Wow, does Hahn have work to do if Hawk is right.

We might truly have a 110-loss team if all those guys are leaving. It's not like we have bats to replace them. Let's hope their replacements are more like Garcia and less like Keppindisaster.

Adam Dunn told FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal Tuesday that he could retire after the season.

Dunn is just 33, is guaranteed $15 million next season and is within shouting distance of 500 homers, but he indicated that a lack of enjoyment for the game could lead him to walking away. "I’m not coming back just to come back for money or because I have one year left (on his contract)," Dunn said. "I’m not coming back to chase home-run numbers or whatever. If I end up with 499 and I’m not having fun, see ya — 499 it is." It's certainly something to file away, but it's hard to see Dunn giving up a guaranteed $15 million.

Per Rotoworld

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 04:34 AM)
Adam Dunn told FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal Tuesday that he could retire after the season.

Dunn is just 33, is guaranteed $15 million next season and is within shouting distance of 500 homers, but he indicated that a lack of enjoyment for the game could lead him to walking away. "I'm not coming back just to come back for money or because I have one year left (on his contract)," Dunn said. "I'm not coming back to chase home-run numbers or whatever. If I end up with 499 and I'm not having fun, see ya — 499 it is." It's certainly something to file away, but it's hard to see Dunn giving up a guaranteed $15 million.

Per Rotoworld

Good item, but after a month or two at home in the offseason, his wife (I presume he's married) will say, 'Honey we need to talk. You can certainly hang in there one more year for that 15 million; then we can talk about it again after next season, right?"

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 10:47 PM)
Good item, but after a month or two at home in the offseason, his wife (I presume he's married) will say, 'Honey we need to talk. You can certainly hang in there one more year for that 15 million; then we can talk about it again after next season, right?"

I agree 90% he will be back just putting what I saw out there.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 08:34 PM)

Dunn is just 33, is guaranteed $15 million next season and is within shouting distance of 500 homers, but he indicated that a lack of enjoyment for the game could lead him to walking away. "I’m not coming back just to come back for money or because I have one year left (on his contract)," Dunn said. "I’m not coming back to chase home-run numbers or whatever. If I end up with 499 and I’m not having fun, see ya — 499 it is." It's certainly something to file away, but it's hard to see Dunn giving up a guaranteed $15 million.

Per Rotoworld

Release/retire whatever, just get that loser out of a Sox jersey.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 07:17 PM)
Why? He hasn't cared the rest of the year.

Dumb

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 07:17 PM)
He needs to look in the mirror he has been amateur hour all year.

Dumber

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 07:17 PM)
He should be fired.

Dumberer

He had one terrific and unexpected season, one dismally bad season. You say he doesn't care, wtf is he supposed to do, get kicked out of every game? McEwing told Lexi to make sure a line drive goes through yet he STILL got doubled off 3rd. That's the coach's fault??

Give him one more season. If they blow then you know.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 11:34 PM)

Per Rotoworld

That doesn't sound like "Dunn says he'd consider retiring", that sounds like "Dunn asked about retirement, says its unlikely".

I don't want to lose.

Dunn isn't retiring. Konerko hasn't said much that I know of but I can't believe he wants to go out on the stats and standings of this season. De Aza isn't as bad as some here try to make him out to be. He plays hard and can hit and steal bases. Anyway, I watched the game Tuesday on WGN. It was fun until it wasn't. Defense and poor relief pitching kind of raise the hackles a bit.

And don't forget more poor clutch hitting in the first and second innings

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 12:26 AM)
Dumb

Dumber

Dumberer

He had one terrific and unexpected season, one dismally bad season. You say he doesn't care, wtf is he supposed to do, get kicked out of every game? McEwing told Lexi to make sure a line drive goes through yet he STILL got doubled off 3rd. That's the coach's fault??

Give him one more season. If they blow then you know.

Dumbest