Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Feb 9, 2014 -> 04:08 PM)
Up and down half from the freshman, as you'd expect. There's just nothing to lose by riding with them.

Don't get antsy and flip back to the lame duck upperclassman down the stretch, JG.

That lineup at the end of the half was awful. Abrams, Rice, Nunn, Ekey, and Colbert? Where's the passing going to come from?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 9, 2014 -> 04:13 PM)
That lineup at the end of the half was awful. Abrams, Rice, Nunn, Ekey, and Colbert? Where's the passing going to come from?

This team is nearly dead last in the entire nation in assists per game, where is it ever going to come from?

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 9, 2014 -> 04:25 PM)
It's better when Hill or Tate are out there. Not much better, but better.

I agree, I'm all for playing any combination of primarily freshman. There's literally nothing to lose.

With the instant impact group of transfers next year it would be nice to have a few of this years freshman ready to contribute significantly along side them. Now's the time for them to grow.

Plus, lots of Nunn and Hill make games actually somewhat fun to watch.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 9, 2014 -> 02:45 PM)
if its on the internet then it must be true.

if its not true, then this fan just got his named dragged through the mud and no one will apologize. they'll just move onto the next Incognito type story.

The fan already admitted he said something he was ashamed of. He may not have been racist, but he very obviously said something that really upset Smart.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/09...ed-racial-slur/

But Orr reportedly denied he called Smart a racial slur. The denial came in a text message conversation with a friend of Doug Gottlieb, a CBS basketball analyst, in which Orr does acknowledge saying something he shouldn’t have:

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 9, 2014 -> 05:31 PM)
The fan already admitted he said something he was ashamed of. He may not have been racist, but he very obviously said something that really upset Smart.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/09...ed-racial-slur/

well if Smart got that upset for being called a piece of s***, then he's going to flame out as a pro if he doesnt seek some type of counseling.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 9, 2014 -> 06:45 PM)
So Orr is not a racist, just an awful human being.

lol, lets not get carried away. let's not cast this guy as an awful person because he got carried away but calling someone a piece of s***.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 9, 2014 -> 05:47 PM)
lol, lets not get carried away. let's not cast this guy as an awful person because he got carried away but calling someone a piece of s***.

No, I stand by what I said. You are a 40 year old "superfan" at a college sporting event and an opposing athlete ends up in the crowd, so you call him a piece of crap? Yeah, you suck at life and should be banned from attending games for a while. IMO he comes off looking much worse than Smart.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 9, 2014 -> 05:51 PM)
If that's true, I take back everything I said. Smart's a moron if this is the case.

Do you know how many thousands of posts on twitter, other message boards etc. villified Orr and Tech as racists over the last day? Thats a lasting impression and it will just be swept under the rug for Smart, Desmond etc. I can't even begin to explain how much this makes my blood boil. Ugh.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 9, 2014 -> 07:03 PM)
No, I stand by what I said. You are a 40 year old "superfan" at a college sporting event and an opposing athlete ends up in the crowd, so you call him a piece of crap? Yeah, you suck at life and should be banned from attending games for a while. IMO he comes off looking much worse than Smart.

so calling someone a piece of s*** is worse than shoving a guy and lying about a racial slur?

you stand by what you said because you made up your mind once some twitter morons ran with a made up story.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 9, 2014 -> 06:03 PM)

When you attend your first sporting event you are going to be horrified. Duke fans chanted "wheres your daddy?" to Steve Kerr after Kerr's dad passed away. Telling a 20 year old he's a piece of crap is stupid, but Orr apologized to him right after he said it.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 10, 2014 -> 01:09 AM)
When you attend your first sporting event you are going to be horrified. Duke fans chanted "wheres your daddy?" to Steve Kerr after Kerr's dad passed away. Telling a 20 year old he's a piece of crap is stupid, but Orr apologized to him right after he said it.

He's an illini fan give him a break. One use of the word "suck" in the Krush and they will forever banish you from Champaign.