Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 11:00 PM)
Except the silver basketball uniforms. Those shouldn't exist

Silver uniforms are absolutely hideous and that I shield with the stripes is questionable at best. Helmets rock but the football coach still sucks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 11:17 PM)
Silver uniforms are absolutely hideous and that I shield with the stripes is questionable at best. Helmets rock but the football coach still sucks.

Shield is awesome, my hat is off to Nike to make something original, has something to do with U of I and isn't gimmicky. I think it looks best in one color on another color like in the soccer jersey, but it totally works.

And the silver uniforms look awesome as an alternate.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 11:28 PM)
Shield is awesome, my hat is off to Nike to make something original, has something to do with U of I and isn't gimmicky. I think it looks best in one color on another color like in the soccer jersey, but it totally works.

And the silver uniforms look awesome as an alternate.

All I can think of when I see the shield is a USA Olympics or World Cup type of logo, particularly when it's in full color. It's not bad in and of itself, but as the U of I logo it just seems wrong in my opinion. We agree on the silver uniforms, though.

Edited by gatnom

QUOTE (gatnom @ Apr 16, 2014 -> 01:54 AM)
All I can think of when I see the shield is a USA Olympics or World Cup type of logo, particularly when it's in full color. It's not bad in and of itself, but as the U of I logo it just seems wrong in my opinion. We agree on the silver uniforms, though.

The shield looks good as a small patch on the football uniforms, but when it's the main focus on a jersey, it's pretty bland.

Overall, I was really impressed. The basketball jerseys are much more modern but look good (agreed on the silver, thats a great alternate), and the football jerseys have a great classic look to them (the red grange ghost tribute is straight dope).

I think to Illinois fans the shield is great, but to others they won't really know anything about it. In that sense, it's not a good primary logo, but I like it as a secondary.

I REALLY hope to see alternatives with "Fighting" on them for basketball, hopefully they come out this year and if not then maybe in the next year or two as they make adjustments.

They should have gone back to the chief logos. f***ing liberal admins.

I dig the silver. I dig the football jerseys. Not crazy about the block I logo, but I'll wait and see what it looks like for real. The pics were at an angle and I want to see it straight on.

Overall they didn't screw it up like they did with the awful Giants-style underline logo, but I'm not exactly wowed either.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 16, 2014 -> 10:16 AM)
They should have gone back to the chief logos. f***ing liberal admins.

I dig the silver. I dig the football jerseys. Not crazy about the block I logo, but I'll wait and see what it looks like for real. The pics were at an angle and I want to see it straight on.

Overall they didn't screw it up like they did with the awful Giants-style underline logo, but I'm not exactly wowed either.

Considering what they had to work with - orange, blue, the letter I, and the best logo/imagery taken away - this is a major win so far. We'll see what the rest looks like tonight.

It's also nice to see consistency in font, numbers, colors, and no more script on top of a block I, or script on a helmet.