Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

illinoisloyalty.com cracks me up. Some guy posts a stupid picture of the chief logo with some comment like "everyone be happy" and the whole board thinks a commitment is coming. These are probably grown ass men acting like little school girls over a vague post. Sports fans are weird.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 04:17 PM)
illinoisloyalty.com cracks me up. Some guy posts a stupid picture of the chief logo with some comment like "everyone be happy" and the whole board thinks a commitment is coming. These are probably grown ass men acting like little school girls over a vague post. Sports fans are weird.

I have only been reading Loyalty for a few months, but the guy who posted the Chief logo has done so right before the announcement of other commitments. He apparently has sources. That's why they get giddy. Whether or not he actually has sources or not is up for the debate.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 09:17 PM)

It is such an awful website. Bunch of posters pretending to have inside info information and the ones that do are copy pasting from the scout premium board.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 08:18 PM)
Jaylon Tate has looked really good so far in the scrimmage and exhibition. It's still early though, Brian.

I'm sure he'll look good against Northwood as well. Maybe he worked on his offense but against B1G, he'll be exposed.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 25, 2013 -> 09:31 AM)
From the highlights it looks like Ekey is our best player. Could be a LONG year...

Ekey will probably be the most consistent, which isn't a huge problem as long as someone else is stepping up every game.

I don't see us making the tourney this year, the fanboy in me says yes but the realistic side just doesn't see it. We probably end just a shade above .500 this year and go to the NIT.

I do too, I just don't see enough talent/experience/balance on this years team to make it to the tourney.

If we didn't have Starks/Paul/Cosby sitting then I think we make it, but we are relying way to much on freshmen, many of whom were known to need seasoning before making a large impact.

The local newspaper has an online poll this morning:

"Do you think either Louisville or Kentucky basketball will go 40-0 this season?"

A. Neither team will

B. Only UK will

C. Only UL will

D. Both will

Anybody see a problem with any of the choices???

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 06:57 AM)
The local newspaper has an online poll this morning:

"Do you think either Louisville or Kentucky basketball will go 40-0 this season?"

A. Neither team will

B. Only UK will

C. Only UL will

D. Both will

Anybody see a problem with any of the choices???

Do they play each other this year? Hence both can't?

Do they play each other this year? Hence both can't?

Yes, they play each other in December, and even if they didn't, they would both have to win the NCAA Tournament to go undefeated, which is not possible.

As of now, 2% have voted for that option.

EDIT: I guess I wasn't the only one who noticed this. They've since fixed the poll and removed "Both" as an option.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
There's been some rumblings from UK insiders that Kansas, with the addition of Jerrance Howard, has become pretty dirty. All rumors at this point, but Self/Howard have really, really picked it up to a UK level of recruiting of late. The number they keep throwing out is 800K to Wiggins' family and their claiming the NCAA is already looking into it.

Has the NCAA in the last 20 years ever gotten a school for paying a player? I mean making a direct payment? I can't recall one incident. If coaches are paying players they have the system effectively rigged. I guess Wiggins could use the 800,000 now, but I don't know why they can't just wait until after this season when his shoe contract will kick in even before the draft.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 03:41 AM)
Has the NCAA in the last 20 years ever gotten a school for paying a player? I mean making a direct payment? I can't recall one incident. If coaches are paying players they have the system effectively rigged. I guess Wiggins could use the 800,000 now, but I don't know why they can't just wait until after this season when his shoe contract will kick in even before the draft.

Reggie Bush.