9/11 Game Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 07:31 PM)
Is there a stat that shows DP's by position in the batting order ? I swear our 3 hitter's must lead the league.

I saw you guys had a discussion on this, but B-R has these numbers widely available under team batting splits.

Sox #3 hitters have hit in to 17 DPs. That's actually fewer than #2 hitters, who have hit into 20 DPs. And #5 hitters have hit into 19 DPs.

It may be up lately, but Dunn was hitting 3rd for a large portion of the year and, slow as he is, he just does not ground into many double plays due to the TTO threat he is. Consider this: Adam Dunn has hit into fewer double plays this year (2) than Avisail Garcia has with the White Sox (3).

That is exactly why Dunn should be batting in front of your best hitters and not behind them. He is likely to take a walk and be a baserunner to be driven in, and he is unlikely to GIDP and rob your best hitters of a chance to hit with men on base.

Forever f*** the Indians. I will honestly always prefer Detroit win it over them. And, while it could be kind of cool to see Kansas City in, I hate them for spoiling the Sox so many times, and their magic number is already down to 11 anyways and they're 7 games back.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 11:40 AM)
Forever f*** the Indians. I will honestly always prefer Detroit win it over them. And, while it could be kind of cool to see Kansas City in, I hate them for spoiling the Sox so many times, and their magic number is already down to 11 anyways and they're 7 games back.

I'm the complete opposite. No matter what sport, f*** Detroit.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 05:15 PM)
I'm the complete opposite. No matter what sport, f*** Detroit.

I'm sickened at how Detroit has built a good enough team to dominate this weak division for years to come. No excuse for Chicago to not be winning this division on a regular basis. Unfortunately we have some work to do to catch up to every other team in the division including the paupers in Minnie and KC. I'm still amazed at how good our pitching is on paper and how rotten our position players are. Get to work, Mr. Hahn. You need a good, effective plan. You got some $$$ to work with.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 12:26 PM)
You started this thread in the morning, so I assumed this was a getaway day game, and that I was going to have something to entertain me at work this afternoon. Thanks a lot, jackass!

He just couldn't contain his excitement for the game.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 01:26 PM)
You started this thread in the morning, so I assumed this was a getaway day game, and that I was going to have something to entertain me at work this afternoon. Thanks a lot, jackass!

Listen to the mike and mike podcast on loop ;)

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 11:40 AM)

I don't care for either one. However, the Indians have perhaps the worst fans in all of baseball. They don't deserve to celebrate anything.

Also - f*** Kubel, Swisher, Giambi, Raburn, etc.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 01:24 PM)
I'm sickened at how Detroit has built a good enough team to dominate this weak division for years to come. No excuse for Chicago to not be winning this division on a regular basis. Unfortunately we have some work to do to catch up to every other team in the division including the paupers in Minnie and KC. I'm still amazed at how good our pitching is on paper and how rotten our position players are. Get to work, Mr. Hahn. You need a good, effective plan. You got some $$$ to work with.

1. Detroit has a small window. They're getting old and fat.

2. You know who their owner is, right?

3. Nobody "from Detroit" is actually from Detroit. Sure, the city is a depraved hell hole, but the suburbs are sprawling and pretty well off.

1. Detroit has a small window. They're getting old and fat.

2. You know who their owner is, right?

3. Nobody "from Detroit" is actually from Detroit. Sure, the city is a depraved hell hole, but the suburbs are sprawling and pretty well off.

They're already fat.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 09:06 AM)
I saw you guys had a discussion on this, but B-R has these numbers widely available under team batting splits.

Sox #3 hitters have hit in to 17 DPs. That's actually fewer than #2 hitters, who have hit into 20 DPs. And #5 hitters have hit into 19 DPs.

It may be up lately, but Dunn was hitting 3rd for a large portion of the year and, slow as he is, he just does not ground into many double plays due to the TTO threat he is. Consider this: Adam Dunn has hit into fewer double plays this year (2) than Avisail Garcia has with the White Sox (3).

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 10:44 AM)
That is exactly why Dunn should be batting in front of your best hitters and not behind them. He is likely to take a walk and be a baserunner to be driven in, and he is unlikely to GIDP and rob your best hitters of a chance to hit with men on base.

Precisely!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 02:57 PM)
Tigers fans also tend to be Wolverine and/or Red Wings fans, so they can all go f*** themselves!

Most Bears fans are Cubs fans too. Plus, Cleveland fans are likely to be Ohio State fans too, which isn't much better (sorry Rock).

I would prefer if no one but the White Sox won the Central division, but having been mathematically eliminated for about a week now, we'll just have to wait until next year

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 04:17 PM)
Most Bears fans are Cubs fans too. Plus, Cleveland fans are likely to be Ohio State fans too, which isn't much better (sorry Rock).

I would prefer if no one but the White Sox won the Central division, but having been mathematically eliminated for about a week now, we'll just have to wait until next year

You are such a negative nancy.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 09:17 PM)

This is hard for me to believe. You would think a Bear's fan would be a Sox fan too. Down to earth blue collar hardworking folks. Or have I been deceived?

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 06:11 PM)
I absolutely hate listening to Bears talk.. it is like having a bunch of Cubs fans talking about how awesome they are and how the championship is theirs.

Lol what Bears talk are you listening to?