9/12 Game Thread

fathom

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 04:20 AM)
I read that as DeWayne Wise and it was funnier.

Anybody still watching? Don't know why am. I think attendance has hit 0.

LOL. I read that the same way. My eyes read DeWayne Wise too. I would never known it was Wade w/out your post.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 09:21 PM)
Anyone notice Leury Garcia not start running to first on an lazy pop up? Good to see the veterans and their piss-poor effort has reached the young guys.

We can't blame it on The Alex Rios Effect anymore.

Where Jake Peavy when you need him to motivate the troops...?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 04:21 AM)
Anyone notice Leury Garcia not start running to first on an lazy pop up? Good to see the veterans and their piss-poor effort has reached the young guys.

That really sucks if that's true. L. Garcia should be busting ass. Everytime I've seen Phegs run, he busts ass. I like that about Phegley.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 10:21 PM)

Really that tells a fan all they need to know about RV! It has been a country club last 2 years and nobody is held accountable for anything no wonder Konerko wants to stay.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 03:23 AM)
That really sucks if that's true. L. Garcia should be busting ass. Everytime I've seen Phegs run, he busts ass. I like that about Phegley.

Who knows, maybe Leury thought it was going to be foul (even though it was caught in fair territory). Everything we've seen before that from Leury was pure hustle.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 04:23 AM)
Really that tells a fan all they need to know about RV! It has been a country club last 2 years and nobody is held accountable for anything no wonder Konerko wants to stay.

Now that we blew it not taking Francona, I don't know who I'd want to replace Robin. You may all get mad, but assuming Ozzie and LaRussa are out of the question, I'd take Piniella No. 1; Gene Lamont No. 2 just for old time's sake.

Seriously, if I were Jerry, I'd beg LaRussa to end his career on the South Side. Maybe do something creative and have a manager in waiting to help LaRussa and have him cut his hours down. The manager in waiting could do the computer printouts, etc., and just have them waiting for Tony when he arrives at 4 p.m. for a 7:10 p.m. game instead of noon.

LARUSSA is our savior, folks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 03:26 AM)
Now that we blew it not taking Francona, I don't know who I'd want to replace Robin. You may all get mad, but assuming Ozzie and LaRussa are out of the question, I'd take Piniella No. 1; Gene Lamont No. 2 just for old time's sake.

Seriously, if I were Jerry, I'd beg LaRussa to end his career on the South Side. Maybe do something creative and have a manager in waiting to help LaRussa and have him cut his hours down. The manager in waiting could do the computer printouts, etc., and just have them waiting for Tony when he arrives at 4 p.m. for a 7:10 p.m. game instead of noon.

Time for Soxtalk to be on Dave Martinez wagon again.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 12, 2013 -> 10:26 PM)

1. Francona said he was taking a year off.

2. I really doubt Lou or Larussa come out of retirement, if Tony wanted to keep coaching he'd still be in St Louis.

3. Lamont, meh. I'd rather have a coach who will be around for more than just a few years.

4. Guys I'd be interested in are Sandy Alomar, Dave Martinez, and for whatever reason, Eduardo Perez.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 04:40 AM)
1. Francona said he was taking a year off.

2. I really doubt Lou or Larussa come out of retirement, if Tony wanted to keep coaching he'd still be in St Louis.

3. Lamont, meh. I'd rather have a coach who will be around for more than just a few years.

4. Guys I'd be interested in are Sandy Alomar, Dave Martinez, and for whatever reason, Eduardo Perez.

Money talks, though. It would have been nice to get Francona in the organization. I bet if you pumped drinks into him he'd admit he could have this Sox team playing as well as the Indians 5-10 over .500.