Sign in to follow this  
LittleHurt05

Yom Kippur Game Thread

Let's win one. But, it is a strange time. Maybe because Jewish people can't participate after a certain hour on this holiday?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 12:21 PM)
Let's win one. But, it is a strange time. Maybe because Jewish people can't participate after a certain hour on this holiday?

Sundown.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 12:21 PM)

I think you're probably right. I believe that the holiday and fasting period officially begins at sunset.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 01:26 PM)
That wouldn't explain why were the only day game today...

However, we do have an owner with a last name "Reinsdorf"...

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 01:05 PM)
I know he comes from a Jewish family, but I thought Jerry was an atheist.

No, you're thinking of me. ;)

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 12:26 PM)
That wouldn't explain why were the only day game today...

No, but they've done it in years past for the same reason. Maybe Jerry just has a lot of respect for the Jewish players/fans and wants the game to be done so they honor the holiday correctly.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
No, but they've done it in years past for the same reason. Maybe Jerry just has a lot of respect for the Jewish players/fans and wants the game to be done so they honor the holiday correctly.

I think last year was scheduled to be played at night and they either changed it, or made sure it was a day game this season so the Jewish fans could participate.Last year, it was an important game. This year....not so much, at least for the home team.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 01:28 PM)
I think last year was scheduled to be played at night and they either changed it, or made sure it was a day game this season so the Jewish fans could participate.Last year, it was an important game. This year....not so much, at least for the home team.

I thought that was because Youk was on the team?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
Santiago is the only pitcher I know who can pitch 1 inning, give up 2 baserunners and no runs and still throw 31 pitches.

Hector is the beer vendors best friend.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 01:40 PM)
I thought that was because Youk was on the team?

That was a byproduct. I don't know if Youk would have sat out the game or not, but he was limping to the finish line at that point last season.

Boy the Sox make outs quickly. I'd think this might be the inning Hector gets hit hard. Sox offense provides the pitchers no rest.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 01:58 PM)
That was a byproduct. I don't know if Youk would have sat out the game or not, but he was limping to the finish line at that point last season.

Sox may have been better off playing that night, so someone else would be in the lineup instead of Youk.

Who is Brian Anderson and is he a lousy hitter? It almost looked like he was trying to miss that last pitch he was so far from making contact.

LOL at Dunn. Yes, it really was Greg Walker's fault. What a bunch of crap that was. This team's hitting approach/results are sickening. Can't take it any more. No more of this game for me. I'm out.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
Does Semien have any power? He seems to have a clue at the plate.

He hit 19 HR in the minors this year, but I think that was a surprise to most people. He's probably a 10-15 HR guy in the majors, but he is also still young, so this season could have been an indication of developing more power. Someone else could probably tell you better.