Yom Kippur Game Thread

LittleHurt05

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 12:26 PM)
That wouldn't explain why were the only day game today...

No, but they've done it in years past for the same reason. Maybe Jerry just has a lot of respect for the Jewish players/fans and wants the game to be done so they honor the holiday correctly.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
No, but they've done it in years past for the same reason. Maybe Jerry just has a lot of respect for the Jewish players/fans and wants the game to be done so they honor the holiday correctly.

I think last year was scheduled to be played at night and they either changed it, or made sure it was a day game this season so the Jewish fans could participate.Last year, it was an important game. This year....not so much, at least for the home team.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 01:28 PM)
I think last year was scheduled to be played at night and they either changed it, or made sure it was a day game this season so the Jewish fans could participate.Last year, it was an important game. This year....not so much, at least for the home team.

I thought that was because Youk was on the team?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 01:58 PM)
That was a byproduct. I don't know if Youk would have sat out the game or not, but he was limping to the finish line at that point last season.

Sox may have been better off playing that night, so someone else would be in the lineup instead of Youk.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
Does Semien have any power? He seems to have a clue at the plate.

He hit 19 HR in the minors this year, but I think that was a surprise to most people. He's probably a 10-15 HR guy in the majors, but he is also still young, so this season could have been an indication of developing more power. Someone else could probably tell you better.