Yom Kippur Game Thread

LittleHurt05

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)
Our projected performance based on run differential is several games better than what we're actually seeing. :)

;)

I'll take it!

Glancing at the standings, it also looks like the 2nd pick is very possible. And Houston's won 3 straight, so who knows?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)
;)

I'll take it!

Glancing at the standings, it also looks like the 2nd pick is very possible. And Houston's won 3 straight, so who knows?

If the Sox match last year's last 15 games at 4-11, the Marlins would have to go 9-8 starting tonight. I guess stranger things have happened, but we pretty much have the 3rd pick locked up. 1st pick isn't happening.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 06:06 PM)
If the Sox match last year's last 15 games at 4-11, the Marlins would have to go 9-8 starting tonight. I guess stranger things have happened, but we pretty much have the 3rd pick locked up. 1st pick isn't happening.

We're 2-13 in our last 15 counting today. Miami is 5-6 in their last 11. Hell, even Houston is 5-5 in their last 10. The White Sox clearly have packed it in.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 09:33 PM)
Please add power this offseason.

Who was it in the front office that once said we needed hitters other than the long ball guys? You know we need guys to get on in front of the big boppers.Too often we now see guys that can't even get on base.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 08:40 PM)
That double he hit last night over the center fielder's head really showed that he has decent pop. Maybe not a big homerun hitter, but I could see 15-20 with 40 doubles.

Nice.

Adam Dunn down to .219. Keep it going Adam and you can get back to the .199-.205 range which we so know and love from you. This team is addicted to losing. Wow it sucks.Wouldn't it be awesome if Dunn just retired? That'd be a helluva Christmas present for Sox fans.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 05:26 PM)
Nice.

Adam Dunn down to .219. Keep it going Adam and you can get back to the .199-.205 range which we so know and love from you. This team is addicted to losing. Wow it sucks.Wouldn't it be awesome if Dunn just retired? That'd be a helluva Christmas present for Sox fans.

That would suck. Dunn is one of the few players who is fun to watch. At least he hits home runs.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 12:02 AM)
That would suck. Dunn is one of the few players who is fun to watch. At least he hits home runs.

With all due respect, you enjoy watching him bat? He's the reason I turned the game off today. I can't take his ineptitude. Everybody talks about how he was willing to hit to leftfield for a week or so. He even got an article written about him. I watch an at bat today. It's a tie game first and second I believe and the first pitch is slop on the outside part of the plate. All he's got to do is poke it to left and we get a run. He swung through it. He's in my top five least favorite Sox of all time right now I'm afraid to say. The man defines our last place team. He has 31 homers or whatever and we still are steaming toward 95-100 losses.

Does anybody else on here think Dunn is "fun to watch?" I won't start a poll on it, but fun to watch does not describe my feeling toward Mr. Whiff.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 07:28 PM)
With all due respect, you enjoy watching him bat? He's the reason I turned the game off today. I can't take his ineptitude. Everybody talks about how he was willing to hit to leftfield for a week or so. He even got an article written about him. I watch an at bat today. It's a tie game first and second I believe and the first pitch is slop on the outside part of the plate. All he's got to do is poke it to left and we get a run. He swung through it. He's in my top five least favorite Sox of all time right now I'm afraid to say. The man defines our last place team. He has 31 homers or whatever and we still are steaming toward 95-100 losses.

Does anybody else on here think Dunn is "fun to watch?" I won't start a poll on it, but fun to watch does not describe my feeling toward Mr. Whiff.

Yet he still has the 3rd highest OBP on the team, the highest slugging percentage, the 2nd highest OBP, the most HRs(by more than double), and the most RBIs(by almost 30).....His Ks might be not be fun to watch but without him this team is far worse than it is even now....Dunn is far from the reason.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 07:28 PM)

He's one of the most prolific home run hitters of this era and can hit a 450 foot home run at any moment. That's fun to watch, what else is there to see with this awful team?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 02:01 AM)
He's one of the most prolific home run hitters of this era and can hit a 450 foot home run at any moment. That's fun to watch, what else is there to see with this awful team?

To tell you the truth, I'd rather see any young guy (even if he's not ready) from our AA team take Dunn's at bats. I've just seen enough of Adam Dunn. I'm too lazy to look it up. How many home runs does he have the last 3 weeks? I could be mistaken I'm guessing 2-3 homers the past 3 weeks?

I'm surprised nobody else is as upset as I am about that b.s. about his going the other way. I'd like to see a story now about how he hasn't gone the other way. Why has his philosophy changed since the last article? Uh, cause his philosophy never changed.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 09:18 PM)
To tell you the truth, I'd rather see any young guy (even if he's not ready) from our AA team take Dunn's at bats. I've just seen enough of Adam Dunn. I'm too lazy to look it up. How many home runs does he have the last 3 weeks? I could be mistaken I'm guessing 2-3 homers the past 3 weeks?

I'm surprised nobody else is as upset as I am about that b.s. about his going the other way. I'd like to see a story now about how he hasn't gone the other way. Why has his philosophy changed since the last article? Uh, cause his philosophy never changed.

Only five players in all of MLB have more homers than Dunn this year, but let's call out his last three weeks.

Pedro Alvarez is basically putting up the exact same numbers for Pittsburgh, they seem to be doing OK

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 03:10 AM)
Only five players in all of MLB have more homers than Dunn this year, but let's call out his last three weeks.

Pedro Alvarez is basically putting up the exact same numbers for Pittsburgh, they seem to be doing OK

I respect your support of Dunn. We all have our favorite players. ... I've just seen way too much of him. If he's still on the team I can't see renewing my mlb.com. I just know what kind of offensive team we are going to have if he's still around. We already have too many guys who swing from their heels. Maybe if we get a real hitting coach and real manager (no offense, Robin, I loved you as a player) I'll give Dunn another chance, but ugh. Haven't most of you seen enough of Big Adam to last 3 lifetimes?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 10:25 PM)
I respect your support of Dunn. We all have our favorite players. ... I've just seen way too much of him. If he's still on the team I can't see renewing my mlb.com. I just know what kind of offensive team we are going to have if he's still around. We already have too many guys who swing from their heels. Maybe if we get a real hitting coach and real manager (no offense, Robin, I loved you as a player) I'll give Dunn another chance, but ugh. Haven't most of you seen enough of Big Adam to last 3 lifetimes?

To the bold sentence, no you don't. One hitter doesn't make a lineup.

I'm fine with his last 2 years here. There just needs to be better hitters around him. Why? because once again, one hitter doesn't make a lineup.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 10:25 PM)

In 2005, the lineup from 3 to 9 swung from their heels too. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as the players hit.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 03:52 AM)
In 2005, the lineup from 3 to 9 swung from their heels too. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as the players hit.

I dont think Paulie has ever swung from his heels. It's a super easy home run stroke. Ditto AJP and Dye.These current Sox swing hard.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 13, 2013 -> 10:36 PM)
To the bold sentence, no you don't. One hitter doesn't make a lineup.

I'm fine with his last 2 years here. There just needs to be better hitters around him. Why? because once again, one hitter doesn't make a lineup.

Glad to see someone gets this. You can look at people who have moved who are doing better because they are in a better lineup.