9/15 vs Indians

flavum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 03:35 AM)
It's ugly how many players we probably could make arguments not to come back or be the starter...

1) DeAza

2) Viciedo

3) Beckham

4) Ramirez

5) Flowers/Phegley or Phegley/Flowers (based on your perspective)

6) Gillaspie (unless platooning) and Keppinger

That pretty much leaves Avisail Garcia, Dunn, Leury Garcia (utility) and Semien as the only "interesting" position players from any standpoint, although I'm still cautiously optimistic about Viciedo.

With DeAza, he's getting more expensive and the defensive shortcomings and wear and tear sort of are weighing him down in my mind...he's gone from more of a leadoff guy to a bottom of the order hitter, IMO. Or the perfect 4th outfielder on a playoff caliber team. Maybe he's a starter for the Pirates or Reds, a couple of NL teams.

Good post.

I would agree with you. Most of our everyday players and subs aside from the new young guys we've added have presented the case that they are finished as White Sox.

Given a choice, I'd rebuild the infield first before the outfield (I'm assuming they can't totally overhaul the roster).

But for next year, new 3B, Lexi or new ss, definitely a new 2B and new 1B. So that could be four new infielders or three new ones minimum. Plus a new starting catcher. That's quite a bit of work for Hahn. Obviously Simien is the new 2B.

I'd recommend dumping Viciedo No. 1 and DeAza No. 2 but if the Sox have to wait another offseason to rebuild the outfield, so be it.

For now, new 3B, 2B, 1B and catcher, please!!!! Although I won't cuss if Paulie returns.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 02:25 AM)
Beckham now batting .202 since the ASB. It pains me to say this, but there's really no reason to bring him back next season.

Arguably he's as bad a player as Chris Getz. Flame me all you want, but I'm pretty serious. Gordon Beckham is officially a bust. Unless his highlight film defensive plays take him out of the bust category.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 01:37 AM)
I know, pretty lame after sweeping 3 four-game series from the Sox.

That's almost impossible to do. I am pretty sure a AAA team could win one or two out of 12. It's impossible to go 0-12 against a team. Isn't it?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 11:48 PM)
Arguably he's as bad a player as Chris Getz. Flame me all you want, but I'm pretty serious. Gordon Beckham is officially a bust. Unless his highlight film defensive plays take him out of the bust category.

Nah.

Since 2010: -8 DRS, 5.5 UZR

Edited by whitesox901

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 10:45 PM)
Although I won't cuss if Paulie returns.

I would.

It truly amazes me how much you hate Dunn but would be fine with PK being resigned.

Another poster brought up Choo in another thread and talked about how he would be a good addition due to the fact that there are a ton of RHPs within the division and he smashes RHP. I thought this was a great point because our hitters have around 400 abs vs RHP and around 130 abs vs LHP so it makes sense to put a higher priority on hitters who hit RHP well, right? Here are the Dunn vs PK stats vs RHP...

PK- .225/.291/.308 6 HRs 35 RBI (338 ABs)

Dunn- .226/.328/.450 25 HRs 60 RBI (380)

Sure PK can still smash LHP but he faces RHP nearly 3x as much.

Edited by scs787