Twins @ Sox 9/16

Balta1701

Lexi has so much talent. Hopefully this was just an off season. I'd be OK with keeping him in the infield while letting go Gillaspie, Becks and Paulie and of course making Phegs the backup to McCann or AJP or somebody.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
Lexi has so much talent. Hopefully this was just an off season. I'd be OK with keeping him in the infield while letting go Gillaspie, Becks and Paulie and of course making Phegs the backup to McCann or AJP or somebody.

AJP won't happen. And Alexei is having a good average/stolen base/small ball year but a terrible defense and power year. Remember when he wouldn't stop hitting grand slams? Something like 5 in 175 games.

I can't believe the Sox are 30 below .500 with all this young pitching that is better than average to good. Our pitching is a solid B to B-plus and yet we are 32 under .500 or something.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)

After looking at Lexi's splits today I really applaud RV for moving him up in the order. It was a somewhat puzzling move at the time but after seeing that he's hit over .300 with an obp over .340 with runners on over the last 3 years it makes sense to move him to the 2-3 spot where there's a better chance that he hits with runners on. If he's back next year, and I hope he is, I wanna see him bat 2nd. Preferably behind someone who gets on at a higher rate than De Aza.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 10:44 PM)
I can't believe the Sox are 30 below .500 with all this young pitching that is better than average to good. Our pitching is a solid B to B-plus and yet we are 32 under .500 or something.

I know it hurts for you to hear this but a lot of this is due to Paulie being god awful. Since I'm on a splits kick, and the whole batting vs RHP has been relevant the last few days heres some ugly stats to swallow. PKs .308 slugging% is only 6 points higher than Keppingers .302, and Phegs .299 for worst on the team. Tyler Flowers has more extra base hits than Paulie in 155 less ABs. That kind of production out of your 1B and 5 hitter is just awful.

Oh, and lots and lots of awful defense.