Game Thread for 9-18-13

elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 11:13 AM)
John Danks goes for the Sox against Diamond I think. Any bets on how many home runs Danks gives up today? ;)

The game is on WGN at Noon MDT. I will be there rooting for the Sox behind the big screen.

Why will you be behind and not in front of the big screen.

Gorgeous day here in the big city, if not swamped at worked would love to head on out to the ole ballpark.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 04:23 PM)
Why will you be behind and not in front of the big screen.

Gorgeous day here in the big city, if not swamped at worked would love to head on out to the ole ballpark.

Maybe that's why all I hear is the sound??? !!! :lol:

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 02:03 PM)
First two innings everything up and he is getting hit

This is the reality of 2013 for Danks. This is the year he gets in innings and gets his strength back. Everyone had this reaction, though slightly less so, with Peavy. No one should have expected Danks to be good this year. Next year is when, if, he'll be his old self.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)
16 retired in a row for Danks

I am hoping that next year is really what this is all about. John coming off shoulder surgery and maybe the arm strength just isn't there yet but judging by his ability at times to recover I think he is close. I have heard that it takes at least a year or year and a half to be at full strength.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 08:07 PM)
This is the reality of 2013 for Danks. This is the year he gets in innings and gets his strength back. Everyone had this reaction, though slightly less so, with Peavy. No one should have expected Danks to be good this year. Next year is when, if, he'll be his old self.

I posted my thoughts before reading yours :) I agree

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
10 left. 2-8 to lose 100. I'd settle for 4-6.

I am really hoping they can avoid losing 100 games. It's only happened 3 times in franchise history

1932 - 49-102

1948 - 51-101

1970 - 56-106

So, at the very least, this can't be the worst team in franchise history

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 08:59 PM)
I am really hoping they can avoid losing 100 games. It's only happened 3 times in franchise history

1932 - 49-102

1948 - 51-101

1970 - 56-106

Something to be thankful for. It wasn't a bad game other than the offense again couldn't click when needed and Danks got roughed up early. He impressed though after the first couple innings

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 02:59 PM)

1932 - 49-102

1948 - 51-101

1970 - 56-106

Yay for 1970. I loved/hated that season. I'll tell ya one thing, you could get real good seats, no problem. Total attendance for the year was under 500,000.