Game Thread for 9-18-13

elrockinMT

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 07:52 PM)
33rd 1 run loss. If they could somehow build a decent offense and shore up the defense next year, they can play meaningful games.

I was trying to find their W-L record in 1 run games. Any idea what it is? I kept coming up short.

EDIT: Nevermind, 22-33

Edited by whitesox901

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 02:32 AM)
I was trying to find their W-L record in 1 run games. Any idea what it is? I kept coming up short.

EDIT: Nevermind, 22-33

Where'd you find that out? I'd be interested in seeing what other teams have done... Kinda crazy that 1/3rd of their games were decided by 1 run. If they win half of those games they're sitting at 76-76 Tells me that with the addition of a few new pieces they can turn it around real quick.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)
33rd 1 run loss. If they could somehow build a decent offense and shore up the defense next year, they can play meaningful games.

Get all the 1-run losses out of the way this year, so the baseball gods smile on the Sox in the future.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 09:41 AM)
Where'd you find that out? I'd be interested in seeing what other teams have done... Kinda crazy that 1/3rd of their games were decided by 1 run. If they win half of those games they're sitting at 76-76 Tells me that with the addition of a few new pieces they can turn it around real quick.

Here you go...

QUOTE (oldsox @ Sep 18, 2013 -> 09:06 PM)
Why does Robin even put Dunn in the lineup? He looks disinterested, not that I blame him.

There are about 27 guys on this roster that are disinterested right now, and yet you pick out Adam f***ing Dunn. Jesus Christ. The guy could hit a 700 foot ultimate grand slam, save a child from drowning in Lake Michigan, help an elderly lady cross the road, and be the designated driver that night and you'd say "Why didn't he stop at Taco Bell? It's like he's not even trying anymore."

I'm sure he's as interested as anybody could be on a team that's 30 games below .500

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 09:53 AM)
There are about 27 guys on this roster that are disinterested right now, and yet you pick out Adam f***ing Dunn. Jesus Christ. The guy could hit a 700 foot ultimate grand slam, save a child from drowning in Lake Michigan, help an elderly lady cross the road, and be the designated driver that night and you'd say "Why didn't he stop at Taco Bell? It's like he's not even trying anymore."

I'm sure he's as interested as anybody could be on a team that's 30 games below .500

He is also the only guy who has been pretty honest about how tough of a year this has been for the players, which unfairly brings him more attention from the fans who aren't watching very deeply.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
He is also the only guy who has been pretty honest about how tough of a year this has been for the players, which unfairly brings him more attention from the fans who aren't watching very deeply.

To be fair, Konerko did say the team was s*** before they traded players away.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 09:58 AM)
He might look disinterested, but the guy still hustles down the line on every play. Something I cannot say about Konerko.

That's been a Konerko thing his whole career though, and now he's old. I've never felt like he has dogged it though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 10:13 AM)
I'm sure people will be pleased to know that Rios is still not hustling down the line on routine plays, as seen last night on ESPN.

Ha, I was going to specifically mention Rios when it came to dogging it. Don't get me wrong, I actually really do like Rios as a player, but of any players I've ever seen, he is the one that sticks out as a guy who was simply disinterested at times.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 19, 2013 -> 03:13 PM)
I'm sure people will be pleased to know that Rios is still not hustling down the line on routine plays, as seen last night on ESPN.

Did they point it out? Did they boo him? What happened?