flavum

9/21 at Tigers

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 11:52 PM)
Thru 3 innings this has the makings of a 1-0 loss.

Sox hitters missing that offspeed pitch by a ton

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 07:55 PM)
Sox hitters missing that offspeed pitch by a ton

Also today is a day that ends in "y".

Interesting to hear Hawk and Stone talk about the offseason since they seemingly had insider news on front office moves earlier this year.

They dont seemed too convinced of a full rebuild. Also said some people wouldn't be here next year and it'd be addition by subtraction.

Interesting RV pulled Sale after only 97 pitches, bring in Nate Jones to face Austin Jackson, who hits .200 against lefties and .300 against righties.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 01:30 AM)
With Hawk and Stone saying some players will be gone and it could be addition by subtraction, De Aza better start packing his bags.

Yep. Makes me sad. We're totally going to end up with .10 on the dollar.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 08:30 PM)
With Hawk and Stone saying some players will be gone and it could be addition by subtraction, De Aza better start packing his bags.

Sox better with him gone.

I don't know why DeAza has to be the scapegoat. Viciedo has been just as rotten. I'm assuming addition by subtraction also meant dumping Gillaspie as a regular, dumping our catchers and dumping Beckham.

I don't think he posts on here anymore and I know there's very few people reading this thread, but I wanted to say that Chris Rongey's interview with Micah Johnson that they played today on the radio was fantastic. Interesting to hear Johnson talk about Semien and his preparation habits.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)
I don't know why DeAza has to be the scapegoat. Viciedo has been just as rotten. I'm assuming addition by subtraction also meant dumping Gillaspie as a regular, dumping our catchers and dumping Beckham.

De Aza has regressed something fierce this year. Horrible baserunning, terrible outfield play.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 01:52 AM)
Jones lighter fluid lately.

6.1 hitless innings coming into tonight, I didn't know that.