9/21 at Tigers

flavum

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 02:19 AM)
Stone mentioned McCann as a possible FA target.

Just read on mlbtraderumors that he's likely to be the top target for the Rangers this offseason. I have a very hard time picturing McCann signing with a 100 loss team.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:20 PM)
Firing Ventura should be the 1st move the Sox make once the season ends.

It is a complete joke of him wanting to stay past 2014 and thinking it is even an option. He needs to go or interest in Sox baseball in 2014 will be in the s***ter.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 03:23 AM)
It is a complete joke of him wanting to stay past 2014 and thinking it is even an option. He needs to go

Well said. It's astonishing that the manager/hitting coach/pitching coach seem to have their jobs heading into next year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 07:21 PM)
Just read on mlbtraderumors that he's likely to be the top target for the Rangers this offseason. I have a very hard time picturing McCann signing with a 100 loss team.

Rangers might be the top team in the Abreu sweepstakes too.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:24 PM)
Well said. It's astonishing that the manager/hitting coach/pitching coach seem to have their jobs heading into next year.

The worst part is I think they are all safe thru 2014 and staff seems to think nothing is wrong or their fault. Ventura is a joke.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:27 PM)
Rangers might be the top team in the Abreau sweepstakes too.

I think JR sits on the cash in 2014 and takes another 90 plus loss team as he rakes in MLB tv contract money.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:24 PM)

I get the feeling that Manto will be gone. As far as Ventura goes, I think Sox management owes him 2014. They knew he'd be a work in progress when they hired him.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 02:31 AM)
Oh God no. 2nd move should be saying adios to Paulie.

Granderson's name is mentioned in this http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...ws&c_id=cws

I still can't believe how insulting it is that they say they're dedicated to spending the money they'll have for the draft/international signings. That should have been the case no matter what the payroll ended at this season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 09:33 PM)
Granderson's name is mentioned in this http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...ws&c_id=cws

I still can't believe how insulting it is that they say they're dedicated to spending the money they'll have for the draft/international signings. That should have been the case no matter what the payroll ended at this season.

JR has been a cheap SOB until now that they have slotted positions and that is why minor league system is so bad.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 07:33 PM)

That just Merkin speculating like we do.