White Sox vs. Tigers 9/22/13

BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 05:37 PM)
Not that anyone cares, I'm facing my brother in my money leagues semifinals...He's got Sanchez, Martinez, Fielder, and Infante, so I need a shocker today from our White Sox....A shut out with the Sox lighting up Sanchez would be soooo nice.

I care. Best of luck to you

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 12:52 PM)
Semien is the real deal. This guy has to be batting 1 or 2 next year, playing in the middle infield.

Totally. Would like to see something akin to Marcus' walk rate from milb, but hopefully that's coming soon. Very impressed with his batwork in a small sample.

Here's hoping that he and Micah are our 1 and 2 hitters in 2015.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 02:34 PM)
Johnson 6.2 IP 2R vs. The Tigers. Solid.

It's been said around here often, but the rotation, with Johnson doing a nice job here in the last month of the season, looks very solid for next season. Obviously, there are no guarantees that this will hold up, and questions remain about pretty much in the rotation (not about Sale's stuff, but more durability). I don't want the White Sox to go on an off-season spending spree, but would love another chance at landing another Garcia type from another club, but not sure how they do that without moving a Quintana type.

1) Chris Sale

2) Jose Quintana

3) John Danks

4) Hector Santiago

5) Erik Johnson

QUOTE (spiderman @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 04:45 PM)
It's been said around here often, but the rotation, with Johnson doing a nice job here in the last month of the season, looks very solid for next season. Obviously, there are no guarantees that this will hold up, and questions remain about pretty much in the rotation (not about Sale's stuff, but more durability). I don't want the White Sox to go on an off-season spending spree, but would love another chance at landing another Garcia type from another club, but not sure how they do that without moving a Quintana type.

1) Chris Sale

2) Jose Quintana

3) John Danks

4) Hector Santiago

5) Erik Johnson

While that rotation makes sense, just so I say it, Rienzo would need to be traded in that case, because I would hate to see someone stuck into the bullpen and wasted for 2 years because we're too scared to make a trade.

If I'm the Sox I'm dangling both Q and Santiago out there. If the offer for Q is overwhelming in comparison to Santiagos then I'm trading Q.

I've seen enough of EJ to say that I want him in the rotation next year.

Sox can do worse than throwing Rienzo out there every 5 days....Hopefully he either pitches well or Beck or Bassit push their way through AA/AAA and give the Sox a better option.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 04:01 PM)
No reason to trade either.

If they can get back an impact bat there is. With EJ emerging and Bassit and Beck looking like they can be here in a year it makes a lot of sense. Sale-Q-Danks-EJ-Rienzo with Snodgress and/or Leesman being the emergency starters looks fine to me. Esp. if it means they upgraded the O.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 05:01 PM)
No reason to trade either.

Only thing I don't want to see is one of these guys being randomly stuck in the bullpen.

It keeps them from developing their offspeed stuff, prevents them from building up innings on their arm, and sets them back so far in both that you're dealing with problems from it the next season +.

Sale last year, Santiago this year, every time we do it it's a terrible idea.

Which is why Rienzo or Johnson in the bullpen is exactly what I'm expecting next year. And I'm going to hate it.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)
Semien is the real deal. This guy has to be batting 1 or 2 next year, playing in the middle infield.

I agree, but I'm trying to figure out how his BA dipped from .340 where it seemed to be forever to .280.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 08:20 PM)
7-12 vs the Tigers this year. Better than I thought they would.

That's a horrible win percentage. I figured we'd win about four against them, though.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 22, 2013 -> 08:59 PM)
Quintana and Santiago won't be teammates next year. Need to move one (preferably Santiago) to get offense.

I'd move Santiago to the bullpen. We could use a nasty lefty reliever for an inning or two.

In my opinion, Johnson is a lock starter next year.

Santiago will get traded, and the rotation will be Sale, Danks, Quintana, Johnson, and Rienzo and a free agent will compete for the 5th spot. The loser of the 5th spot and Leesman will be in long relief.