2013 White Sox Grades

fathom

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 02:36 PM)
BAD to be sure but all the same a guy who in two and a half months time hits .300 is doing SOMETHING right, therefore not deserving of an F. He had an absolutely horrendous start and I think his overall stats which you quoted are a wee bit clouded. Still, I agree he was bad. At the seasons start I hoped for a B or C type season from him not a D or an F.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)
I think he deserves SOME credit for his June and August numbers.

June- .317/.388/.400

August- .316/.359/.474

Even if you wanna throw out his September (.307/.350/.417) due to only having 36 Abs.

The fact that he's played mostly 1B/3B/DH does put a damper on those numbers(namely the slugging%) but overall I'm fine giving him the D grade..Though I won't really argue with anyone giving him an F.

I see your point(s).

On a related note, it's almost hard to believe how bad he had to be the rest of the year to have had 2-3 solid months in there and still to end up with his season line how it was.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 02:42 PM)
I see your point(s).

On a related note, it's almost hard to believe how bad he had to be the rest of the year to have had 2-3 solid months in there and still to end up with his season line how it was.

His April (.202/.198/.226) and July (.205//231/.227) were just god awful. Those were also months where he got more ABs(84 and 88, whereas his good months he had 60 and 57), I imagine he was a full time starter in those months, which tells me his much better in a role where he's not starting everyday.

C. Sale-A

J. Crain-A

J. Quintana- A-

A. Reed- B

J. Peavy- B

M. Lindstrom- B

A. Garcia- B

A. Rios- B

H. Santiago- B-

M. Thornton- C+

C. Gillaspie- C+

A. De Aza- C+

A. Ramirez- C

J. Danks- C

A. Rienzo- C

N. Jones- C-

D. Viciedo- C-

A. Dunn- C-

D. Veal- C-

G. Beckham- C-

J. Phegley- C-

T. Flowers- D+

P. Konerko- D

D. Axelrod- D-

J. Keppinger- F

R. Ventura- D

D. Cooper- B-

J. Manto- D

Bolded the pitchers. Much more of them at the top. Offense and defense was something horrendous.