9/28 vs Royals

DirtySox

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 12:49 AM)
That would be the governor of Illinois.

He actually had impressive knowledge of the Royals' players. One of the best guests they've had in the booth in years based on him actually talking about current players.

Edited by fathom

I wonder if that last at bat is why Paulie MIGHT retire. That was a cookie pitch and he hit it on the meat part of the bat and it was still to just shallow to medium deep left field.

Then Dunn gets the same pitch and strokes it over the fence. Poor Paulie has no pop anymore. Why??? That is the question. Is it age? Bad back? Lack of power suddenly is wild.

One thing for sure. A guy as proud as Paulie has to watch tape of that last at bat of his and wonder, WTF? Am I that weak now, suddenly? Folks, it was a cookie and he barely got it out to medium left field. Wow.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 12:06 AM)
greg, PK got jammed on that pitch by a plus-plus fastball

If you are right, my bad. I thought it was a cookie.From my view, I was waiting for it to skyrocket over the wall.

Edited by greg775

Not that it matters, but it's good to see the Sox continue their losing formula they've had all year.

Sox hold a 4-0 lead (a rare lead early in a game) ... Second and third one out. Semien foolishly does not try to score from second when third baseman Moustakas fires a throw past Hosmer. Semien and third base coach probably didn't want to risk it, figuring we had two more bats to score with second and third and one out.

Well L. Garcia whiffs. Two out.

And Beckham feebly grounds out again failing in an RBI situation; three outs. Sox fail to break the game open. Still a very good chance they'll blow the 4-0 lead. Bad baseball from Chicago all the way til the final out of the season.

Hope next year when they have a chance to put a game away, they do it (of course we blew a six-run lead vs. Detroit in the ninth as well).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2013 -> 08:02 PM)
Game 160, 97 losses, and still complaining strong.

Game 161 and 98 losses but who's counting. Season has been all rainbows and sunshine 2K5.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 28, 2013 -> 06:51 PM)
He actually had impressive knowledge of the Royals' players. One of the best guests they've had in the booth in years based on him actually talking about current players.

He definitely knows baseball and particularly White Sox baseball.