And that's a White Sox season

Jordan4life_2007

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty, there are positives.

Sale - Completed a 200 IP season and produced yet another season showing he's one of the best SPs in the game.

Quintana - Proved to be a dependable starter after his first year in the majors in 2012.

Continued developing Hector as a SP.

Successful start in MLB for Erik J, Jake P, and Daniel W.

Dumped Alex Rios

Dumped Peavy.

Acquired Avisail Garcia

Lastly, Top 5 pick!!!

EDIT: Ok, maybe wrong thread as these aren't favorite moments... but just wanted to shed some positive light!

Edited by Whitewashed in '05

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 10:45 PM)
The worst thing you can be in professional sports is average.

For that reason, I believe this was a very productive season for the White Sox.

I give us an A- grade for this season. Well done.

I will not take the bait. I will not take the bait. I will not take the bait. So no comment.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 12:45 AM)
I'm gonna go with not wearing the black jerseys very often.

I just don't like those things so not having to see them very often was a definite highlight.

Didn't Sox win on Opening Day? That was fun. That's about it for me. Plus the extra inning win I saw in Kauffman Stadium. It was fun to win and see my 3 Royals friends get so pissed. ... I agree about the black jerseys, though. That was a highlight. I don't like those, either.Another highlight for me was not getting banned on Soxtalk. I survived a couple heated issues without getting the boot.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 04:45 PM)
The worst thing you can be in professional sports is average.

For that reason, I believe this was a very productive season for the White Sox.

I give us an A- grade for this season. Well done.

That is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Being average is not the worst thing because that means you are winning some and that you are at least relatively close to having a winning team. Being terrible and losing most of your games is the worst thing which is why sport leagues give high draft picks and the right to pick the very best players in the draft to those worst teams.

By your logic, the Sox could lose 90-100 games for the next 50 years and it'd be perfectly fine by you. I mean, if you can lose for 1 year and it's a good thing, then you can assuredly lose for the next 50 years and it'd be good too.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 03:27 AM)
That is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Being average is not the worst thing because that means you are winning some and that you are at least relatively close to having a winning team. Being terrible and losing most of your games is the worst thing which is why sport leagues give high draft picks and the right to pick the very best players in the draft to those worst teams.

By your logic, the Sox could lose 90-100 games for the next 50 years and it'd be perfectly fine by you. I mean, if you can lose for 1 year and it's a good thing, then you can assuredly lose for the next 50 years and it'd be good too.

Excellent beatdown post!

Some of the people who were begging for us to lose every game (not Fathom, I think he really wanted the draft pick) struck me as having very little pride in the Sox and being a Sox fan. It's almost like they were glad we were out of it so they didn't have to worry about us being in a pennant race or something. I could be mistaken but I caught a weird vibe from the draft people, almost like they preferred not having a good team. It's like they only want a great team that runs away with the division and if we cant have that, they are fine with 99 losses.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 09:27 PM)

What does winning 70 games every season for 50 years get you?

The fact that the worst teams get the best draft picks is EXACTLY why being average is the worst thing you can be. You don't get anything good for being an average team.

EDIT: And I never said being terrible was better than being great. If you aren't going to have a good year, the next best thing is a bad year. The order in fates you want for your team go.... 1) Very good 2) Very bad 3) Average

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 09:42 PM)
Excellent beatdown post!

Some of the people who were begging for us to lose every game (not Fathom, I think he really wanted the draft pick) struck me as having very little pride in the Sox and being a Sox fan. It's almost like they were glad we were out of it so they didn't have to worry about us being in a pennant race or something. I could be mistaken but I caught a weird vibe from the draft people, almost like they preferred not having a good team. It's like they only want a great team that runs away with the division and if we cant have that, they are fine with 99 losses.

You managed to entirely miss what anyone wants. You blanketed exactly 0 people with that statement.

*POW* *BANG* *SHAZAAM* ***B-B-B-B-BEEEEEATDOWN POST!!!***

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 12:25 AM)
What does winning 70 games every season for 50 years get you?

The fact that the worst teams get the best draft picks is EXACTLY why being average is the worst thing you can be. You don't get anything good for being an average team.

EDIT: And I never said being terrible was better than being great. If you aren't going to have a good year, the next best thing is a bad year. The order in fates you want for your team go.... 1) Very good 2) Very bad 3) Average

So, rather than winning 85 games last year and nearly winning the division, you would have rather the team been terrible, because it's only average and the team missed the playoffs. Just so we have it on the record.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 06:52 AM)
So, rather than winning 85 games last year and nearly winning the division, you would have rather the team been terrible, because it's only average and the team missed the playoffs. Just so we have it on the record.

I think that's what a lot of the draftlovers are saying. I think they don't want a pennant race if they know we are going to fall short, even with 85 wins or so. They want playoffs and if they don't get that, they want 99 losses.s***, they probably prefer 99 losses even if we make the WC and lose the one-game playoff. I mean, what good is the season if you don't win anything, right? Bring on the 99 losses.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 01:52 AM)

Wrong.

Last year was a good year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 02:07 AM)
I think that's what a lot of the draftlovers are saying. I think they don't want a pennant race if they know we are going to fall short, even with 85 wins or so. They want playoffs and if they don't get that, they want 99 losses.

Stop.Arguing.Points.That.No.One.Is.Making.