Walmart craziness this morning

Buehrle>Wood

Walmarts online store had massive price mistakes this morning. They had 1600 tvs going for 200, 30 dollar treadmills, 8 dollar computer monitors etc. Tons of crazy prices all over the place due to an error on their part. They will likely end up cancelling a lot of the orders unfortunately, but lots of people were able to take advantage due to the in store pick method.

I got a 200 dollar video card for 40 dollars and 400 speakers for 30. Now I'm just hoping they ship.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 08:21 PM)
They better honor it

If it was a good-faith mistake, why should they honor it? What if TVs were priced for 1 dollar? I think it's weird that as a society we think we should get away with something.

The only item I see now that may still be listed wrong is this 39" Vizio 1080p LED Smart TV for only $398. On the main page it shows this TV for $1700, but when you click it it's now $398. That's a great deal if I was in the market.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-E390I-A1-3...62-TJR-23565842

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
The only item I see now that may still be listed wrong is this 39" Vizio 1080p LED Smart TV for only $398. On the main page it shows this TV for $1700, but when you click it it's now $398. That's a great deal if I was in the market.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-E390I-A1-3...62-TJR-23565842

Actually that kind of makes sense. The Vizio 42" Smart TV was listed on Yugster this morning at 498 bucks

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 02:36 PM)
It's their mistake/fault. Big company like that. I've worked in retail around a decade and we always had to honor typos, etc. it's basic customer service.

Not the customers fault.

The consumer pays for it one way or another be it a lower dividend of stock or higher prices next time around.

I hate Wallmart I think it is a flea market.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 03:21 PM)
They better honor it

"Given the wide discrepancy in pricing, we are notifying customers who ordered these items that their orders have been canceled and that they'll be refunded in full. In addition, we will send these customers a $10 e-gift card that can be used toward future purchases at Walmart stores and Walmart.com"

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 02:25 PM)
If it was a good-faith mistake, why should they honor it? What if TVs were priced for 1 dollar? I think it's weird that as a society we think we should get away with something.

This is actually the price of the tv

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Nov 7, 2013 -> 03:15 AM)
"Given the wide discrepancy in pricing, we are notifying customers who ordered these items that their orders have been canceled and that they'll be refunded in full. In addition, we will send these customers a $10 e-gift card that can be used toward future purchases at Walmart stores and Walmart.com"

Yeah this is what I got in the email, although no item has been actually cancelled yet from the looks of things.