Hahn says trade talks have heated up.

dayan024

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)
Interesting deal for the Cards. With Holliday in LF and Bourjos in CF, they don't have room to play Taveras if they also wanna keep Craig/Adams. Not to mention Jay, who I could see being traded to the Sox for Lexi.

Why should we trade Alexei for Jay?? Jay is not good.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 04:12 PM)
Why should we trade Alexei for Jay?? Jay is not good.

He's not? Everyone is always harping about getting high obp guys on the team and Jay is just that. Ranked 44th last year with a .351, .363 vs RHP. Year before he ranked 17th with a .373.

Everyone seems to think De Aza will be traded, and if that's the case the Sox can do A LOT worse than trading Ramirez for Jay and a prospect or 2.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
Salas and Freese for Bourjos and a prospect who struggled his first season in AA? Seems like a pretty good deal for the Halos. Although knowing the St Louis organization that prospect will probably be amazing in 2 years.

That prospect is the Angels number 2 prospect and was selected with the pick before Mike Trout. He has had a tough time with injuries which has stunted his develop but is still young and has upside. Pretty even swap of arb eligible players that fills holes for both clubs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 10:44 AM)
If there is another Chris Sale at #3, you draft them and pair them together at the top of the rotation.

Its a pretty deep draft this year and as it stands now Rodon could lose some shine and someone else could get some helium and he could drop to #3.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
That prospect is the Angels number 2 prospect and was selected with the pick before Mike Trout. He has had a tough time with injuries which has stunted his develop but is still young and has upside. Pretty even swap of arb eligible players that fills holes for both clubs.

2nd best prospect in the 3rd worst farm system in baseball....Not saying Grichuk cant or wont become a player, I just don't think he's anything more than a B level prospect that is still quite far away.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 02:08 PM)
Interesting deal for the Cards. With Holliday in LF and Bourjos in CF, they don't have room to play Taveras if they also wanna keep Craig/Adams. Not to mention Jay, who I could see being traded to the Sox for Lexi.

I would love to see the cards empty the warrens for Tulo.

QUOTE (beautox @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 02:43 PM)
Its a pretty deep draft this year and as it stands now Rodon could lose some shine and someone else could get some helium and he could drop to #3.

If Rondon falls to #3, you take him immediately, hope Danish and EJ become something and boom:

Sale

Johnson

Quintana

Danish

Rondon

That'd be a dream rotation if they all maxed out their potential.

QUOTE (beautox @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 03:45 PM)
I would love to see the cards empty the warrens for Tulo.

Would they really have to empty anything? Martinez or Shelby Miller + Adams + Piscotty would get them real close to Tulo I would imagine. And that barely makes a dent in their future plans because of their incredible depth. I' incredibly jealous of that franchise.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 02:45 PM)
2nd best prospect in the 3rd worst farm system in baseball....Not saying Grichuk cant or wont become a player, I just don't think he's anything more than a B level prospect that is still quite far away.

They said #2 for the Angels, but #10 for the Cards.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
He's not? Everyone is always harping about getting high obp guys on the team and Jay is just that. Ranked 44th last year with a .351, .363 vs RHP. Year before he ranked 17th with a .373.

Everyone seems to think De Aza will be traded, and if that's the case the Sox can do A LOT worse than trading Ramirez for Jay and a prospect or 2.

I work with a knowledgeable, but slightly cynical Cardinal fan. He claims Jay is "brutal" in centerfield.

QUOTE (SoIL @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 04:19 PM)
I work with a knowledgeable, but slightly cynical Cardinal fan. He claims Jay is "brutal" in centerfield.

His -7 uzr backs that up. This could be nothing more than dumping freeze for a 4th OF/defensive replacement. Bourjos has done nothing in his career to warrant an immediate starting spot anyway.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
None of the above.

Holliday-Taveras-Craig - OF

Adams - 1B

Bourjos - OF

Jay - traded

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ber...686cb7d9d9.html

Part of the reason is that they didn't want to pay Freese the same amount the White Sox will be paying Beckham and DeAza this year.

The main reason is that Carpenter will move to his natural position of 3B, where he's likely to be a much better fielder than Freese, who was near the bottom by most fielding measures.

That opens 2B for Wong.

They're also uncertain about Taveras being ready to play CF (defensively)....and they knew they needed options with Holliday and Craig being a lot like Viciedo and Garcia on the corners (but lacking Garcia's better athleticism or throwing arm).

With Shane Robinson also capable of backing up across the outfield, that does make Jay the most likeliest piece to go, but they certainly might hold onto him if they make the determination Taveras needs at least another 1/2 season in the minors. It's not like there's a line of suitors backed up at the door trying to take him off the Cardinals' hands.

Edited by caulfield12