Milwaukee, Spos' complete a deal (could be fake)

Cerbaho-WG

AP) The first major trade of the 2002 Winter GM's meetings has apparently been completed. The deal which involves seven players, sends third-basemen Fernando Tatis, shortstop Orlando Cabera, catcher Michael Barrett, and right-handed pitcher Tony Armas Jr to the Milwaukee Brewers in exchange for right-handed pitcher Nick Neugebauer, shortstop Royce Clayton, and right-handed pitcher Ben Diggins.

Montreal GM Omar Minaya had been hinting for weeks that his club needed to trim payroll. Assuming the seven player trade is approved, the Expos will clear more than 10.5 million dollars of payroll for the 2003 reason, while aquiring two talented and young pitchers in Neugebauer and Diggins.

Milwaukee, which had signed Clayton earlier in the week to a one year contract with an option, aquires Tatis, Cabera, and Barrett, which will likely reconfigure their infield and offense. Tony Armas Jr will also step into a rotation that struggled with youth last season.

Be skeptical about this one.

OMFG! I hate idiots who start these things. Two rumors have been going around today that are obviously fake, and everyone eats it up! No that's not true! It was started by some idiot on the ESPN boards who had nothing better to do.

I wish some actual trades would go down so people would stop believing these fake rumors.

Speaking of 420, where is my optimistic buddy. I love his optimism.

That can't be a real deal, thats ridiculous. Still, he must of researched something cause Diggins is a pretty good prospect.

Ain't happening though and if it was, I'd really be laughing my ass off cause we aught to be dealing Josh Paul for Colon.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ya know jas i was just thinking the same thing.. where the heck has 420 been?? ya think he got busted sneaking his weed on the airplane over the holidays???? hes been gone a while.. better call the turkish prisons and see if they have him ............