Frank Thomas Is a Hall of Famer

southsider2k5

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
Me too, only Utah is even further and by the time it rolls around I think I'm going to be living back in Seattle again. That's a loooooong haul.

I definitely wouldn't be driving. Maybe fly into Buffalo or New York and drive from there, but Cooperstown is like 23 hours away from me. That is most definitely too far to drive.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 03:10 PM)
I was 7 when Frank made his MLB debut so I grew up watching him throughout my childhood, he has always been my favorite player. I knew he would make the Hall of Fame, but getting in the first ballot is just so awesome.

I was 20 what a great time to be 20-25 years old.

Frank Thomas and the onset of grunge.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 01:07 PM)
Me too, only Utah is even further and by the time it rolls around I think I'm going to be living back in Seattle again. That's a loooooong haul.

Give me a holler when you move here. We'll go catch a game together. :cheers

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 03:42 PM)
ESPNChiSox: Frank suggests his production might have led players to use PEDs.

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 15m

Thomas on PEDs: "I was one of those guys who made a few guys go in that direction because of [my] size and strength."

It's impossible to disagree with that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 05:42 PM)
ESPNChiSox: Frank suggests his production might have led players to use PEDs.

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 15m

Thomas on PEDs: "I was one of those guys who made a few guys go in that direction because of [my] size and strength."

HE'S TO BLAME! IMPEACH FRANK THOMAS!

Really irritating to hear people b**** about how it is unfair to assume the Big Hurt didn't use steroids when we are just assuming about everyone else. Get your head out of your ass and do some research. This guy spent much of his career talking about PED use and even tried to game the system to force testing to start happening. There is literally nobody that would surprise me more to find out that he used steroids than Frank Thomas, including my boyhood hero Ken Griffey Jr.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 04:07 PM)
Really irritating to hear people b**** about how it is unfair to assume the Big Hurt didn't use steroids when we are just assuming about everyone else. Get your head out of your ass and do some research. This guy spent much of his career talking about PED use and even tried to game the system to force testing to start happening. There is literally nobody that would surprise me more to find out that he used steroids than Frank Thomas, including my boyhood hero Ken Griffey Jr.

He's really the only slugger from the juice era that is in HOF and he did it on first ballot with something like the 55th all time highest percentage. The majority have spoken and have not only recognized he's clean but are holding him out as an example of a clean player in a dirty era.

People need to get clicks on their websites or ears to their radio show.

QUOTE (Real @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 07:49 AM)
that's...... fine, but it doesn't refute anything I said

androstenedione is a PED, has always been, same with amphetamines

they weren't always banned substances but that isn't what was said

what was said was "piazza never used PEDs", which is 100% false

My point was, if you put amphetamines and andro in the same category as anabolic steroids than not only did Piazza use PEDs but almost everyone did.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 04:24 PM)
My point was, if you put amphetamines and andro in the same category as anabolic steroids than not only did Piazza use PEDs but almost everyone did.

Which is why it's stupid that the voters are trying to play judge jury executioner with all the PEDs.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
Which is why it's stupid that the voters are trying to play judge jury executioner with all the PEDs.

I disagree. The amphetamines and andro do not have the same effect as anabolic steroids. If you want to go with the strcit route than nobody should be in the HOF including Thomas. I will wager that he used amphetamines at one point or another.

It's best to separate the steroids from the others as that is where the difference was made. Bonds, Sosa and McGwire did not hit those HR's on the back of amphetamines.

Edit: What Jake said.

Edited by ptatc