White Sox sign Belisario, 1-year, $3 mill

dayan024

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 07:57 PM)
Hmmm.

Well, the pen could use an arm, so this works, but I would think they could have gotten similar production out of a cheaper scrapheap pickup, and/or Petricka / Webb.

If you don't create a situation where your make your good young relievers force their way into the pen then you will inevitably create a situation where your bad young relievers will force their way into the pen. Webb & Petricka should be treated as gas cans until they have proven otherwise via their on-field performance.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

As I've stated in other threads... I am a big Dodgers fan. Almost as much a Dodgersfan as Sox fan.

Belisario is terrible. He is incredibly frustrating to watch. What was even more frustrating to watch was Don Mattingly's continued use of him in high-leverage late inning situations. And now, as a Sox fan I have to watch him load the bases in the eighth inning.

Hopefully he will have a short leash.

*puke*

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 08:04 PM)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

As I've stated in other threads... I am a big Dodgers fan. Almost as much a Dodgersfan as Sox fan.

Belisario is terrible. He is incredibly frustrating to watch. What was even more frustrating to watch was Don Mattingly's continued use of him in high-leverage late inning situations. And now, as a Sox fan I have to watch him load the bases in the eighth inning.

Hopefully he will have a short leash.

*puke*

The Sox always go for those mentally weak guys.

Eh every fan base hates their middle of the road relievers because they're all frustrating. Sure I'd like to see Petricka and Webb get their shots but they're middle relievers, I'm not going to lose sleep over it if they have to spend a few months in the minors.

Typical Belisario outing for the dodgers went like this... Comes into game with a 3 run lead, clean inning. Bottom of the order. Walks the first batter on 4 pitches well out of the zone. Grooves a fastball on the first pitch to the second batter and gives up a base hit to put runners on the corners with no outs. Hits the third batter in the back on the first pitch. Mattingly puts in Paco Rodriguez who promptly gives up a grand slam.

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
Typical Belisario outing for the dodgers went like this... Comes into game with a 3 run lead, clean inning. Bottom of the order. Walks the first batter on 4 pitches well out of the zone. Grooves a fastball on the first pitch to the second batter and gives up a base hit to put runners on the corners with no outs. Hits the third batter in the back on the first pitch. Mattingly puts in Paco Rodriguez who promptly gives up a grand slam.

So you're saying as long as the Sox don't acquire Paco Rodriguez we should be fine. :P

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 07:27 PM)
We now don't need any bullpen righties. But our bullpen lefty "ace" right now is still David Purcey.

Per MLB Trade Rumors, here are your LHP relievers with age. Please tell me who you would like to sign:

Travis Blackley (31)

Scott Downs (38)

Mike Gonzalez (36)

Rich Hill (34)

J.P. Howell (31)

Boone Logan (29)

Jose Mijares (29)

Eric O'Flaherty (29)

Oliver Perez (32)

Matt Thornton (37)

I think it's a little early to worry about handedness in the pen.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 07:31 PM)
Per MLB Trade Rumors, here are your LHP relievers with age. Please tell me who you would like to sign:

Travis Blackley (31)

Scott Downs (38)

Mike Gonzalez (36)

Rich Hill (34)

J.P. Howell (31)

Boone Logan (29)

Jose Mijares (29)

Eric O'Flaherty (29)

Oliver Perez (32)

Matt Thornton (37)

I think it's a little early to worry about handedness in the pen.

Give me either O'Flaherty or Logan for 2 years.

2 years with a sub 3 era in 4 years. 3 sub 3 era months last year including 2 sub 2 months. RHers are hitting .207 against him the last 3 years..Not a bad signing.

A little puzzling though with Reed-Jones-Lindstrom-Webb-Petrika all looking capable as RH relievers....Though I suppose Jones might as well be a LHer.