Juan Uribe re-signs with Dodgers

DirtySox

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 8, 2013 -> 11:55 PM)
Interesting. Seems like that would be 1 too many then to carry on the bench. Maybe Kepp is on the move after all? Uribe would solve that problem of not having a legit backup to Alexei.

I really hope its this, but...

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Dec 8, 2013 -> 11:51 PM)
LET'S GET THE OLD BAND BACK TOGETHER, BOYS!

...its probably this. Just to get butts in the seats.

2005!!!!1

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 8, 2013 -> 10:59 PM)
Now that I think about it, if the Sox sign Uribe, could this mean the end of Beckham? Sox get Uribe, move Kepp to 2B until Semien, Johnson or Sanchez is ready, and Uribe becomes the backup IF for 2B, SS and 3B. Makes sense, especially if the Sox do indeed trade for Headley.

It would definitely be the end of Keppinger.

As I said elsewhere early in the offseason, he makes a lot of sense for us, but only if Keppinger is gone. He makes a little sense if, maybe, Beckham is gone. Somebody has to be gone for him to fit on the roster as it is, though.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 8, 2013 -> 11:29 PM)
The timing of this release is suspicious. Couple that news with our reported interest in Headley... and I see Hanh making a leverage play.

that's exactly what he's doing.

we're not signing uribe, and if we do he's not playing 3B for us.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 01:28 AM)
It's the return of the Laundry Baby Pimp!

(My brother's nickname for Uribe. He once asked my sister-in-law "want to see why Juan Uribe is a pimp?" after he made a cool play, to which she replied "did you just say Laundry Baby Pimp?"

My reminds me of how my buddy and I always called Uribe "Drink" as his nickname. We were sitting in the car going to a Sox game, this was 2006 maybe, and we were joking around about how Uribe can't speak English and I had joked that in the program at the stadium when they asked him what his favorite food is, he would probably answer "Drink". We thought it was hilarious at the time, so now we call him Drink.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 12:54 AM)
Stop-gappish trade chip signing?

That's exactly what I want him for. Sign him to a 1 year deal, 2 years MAX, and then trade him at the deadline if he repeats his very good 2013 season. If we aren't making a big play for winning next year, then I want this team full of veteran trade-chips on short 1-2 year deals that we can move at the deadline for a couple mid-prospects each.