Sox acquire Adam Eaton from ARZ, deal Santiago, Jacobs

Baron

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Sox had discussed Kendrick earlier, I am guessing he is a part of the discussions now too. The hold up is satisfying the difference in values. The Sox getting Kendrick and Eaton for Santiago alone would be stupid good value. Maybe they'll be able to kick Beckham over to LAA with either side kicking an additional smaller piece back to Arizona.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 11:31 AM)
If the Sox had discussed Kendrick earlier, I am guessing he is a part of the discussions now too. The hold up is satisfying the difference in values. The Sox getting Kendrick and Eaton for Santiago alone would be stupid good value. Maybe they'll be able to kick Beckham over to LAA with either side kicking an additional smaller piece back to Arizona.

I agree man if RH was some how able to land Eaton and Kendrick for Santaigo (or Hector and another piece) I'd be giddy. We know the Jays have interest in Beckham. Maybe we trade him for some more "exciting" young players like KW mentioned.

The other problem is that this makes DeAza essentially worthless...nobody's going to give up anything if they know we're going to be forced to trade him and Alejandro's salary's already going up to $4.5 million or so.

He's not really a bargain unless he's projected as a starting outfielder. On the bench, MEHHHH....someone might take him off our hands, but we'd get very little to nothing in return.

Definitely not the best way to maximize the return our trade pieces if all we get for DeAza and Santiago is Adam Eaton.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 11:36 AM)
The other problem is that this makes DeAza essentially worthless...nobody's going to give up anything if they know we're going to be forced to trade him and Alejandro's salary's already going up to $4.5 million or so.

He's not really a bargain unless he's projected as a starting outfielder. On the bench, MEHHHH....someone might take him off our hands, but we'd get very little to nothing in return.

Definitely not the best way to maximize the return our trade pieces if all we get for DeAza and Santiago is Adam Eaton.

Bench players routinely make $3.5 million, and the Sox aren't forced to move him. This does to hurt De Aza's value that he hasn't already done himself.

I also have no idea where that $3.5 million value came from. He's going to be arbitration eligible for like the first time next year. I'm guessing he gets closer to $2-2.5 million, which, comparatively speaking, is a significant amount less.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 11:38 AM)
FYI, Kenny said this: “We think that we are on the cusp of doing some other things that I think our fans are going to like,” White Sox executive vice president Ken Williams told MLB.com’s Scott Merkin."

http://mlb.mlblogs.com/2013/12/10/white-so...rking-on-trade/

Coming from KW, I'll take that with a huge grain of salt!

I love the people judging Eaton off of last year's stats. So meaningless. The kid missed the end of spring training and the first 100 games of the season, and people expect a rookie to come out of that in full stride? Personally, I'm surprised he lasted up in the bigs and scratched out a .250 average. Santiago for Eaton would be a great trade.

His elbow definitely is a scary situation. Many players have had this same issue and just a matter of time turns into Tommy John Surgery: Carl Crawford, Ardoylis Vizcanio, Colby Lewis, Brett Anderson, Casey Kelly. Those are players that come to my head just right now. I would stay away from Eaton, not a true CF. Reports tend to show he's more suited for LF. Davidson is a better fit. We have a huge hole at 3B.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 12:38 PM)
FYI, Kenny said this: “We think that we are on the cusp of doing some other things that I think our fans are going to like,” White Sox executive vice president Ken Williams told MLB.com’s Scott Merkin."

http://mlb.mlblogs.com/2013/12/10/white-so...rking-on-trade/

If the DBacks are also getting 2 specs then I imagine 1 is from us, and we're getting something else back.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 11:40 AM)
His elbow definitely is a scary situation. Many players have had this same issue and just a matter of time turns into Tommy John Surgery: Carl Crawford, Ardoylis Vizcanio, Colby Lewis, Brett Anderson, Casey Kelly. Those are players that come to my head just right now. I would stay away from Eaton, not a true CF. Reports tend to show he's more suited for LF. Davidson is a better fit. We have a huge hole at 3B.

Only one of those was a position player. You expect pitchers to eventually need the surgery because their entire job is to throw. On the contrary, the MRI for Eaton suggested that it had healed up.