Spitball trade...

harfman77

What about Adam Dunn for Rickie Weeks. Both are FA's after the season and both fill a position that needs and upgrade for each team. Weeks was not good last year after being injured, but it would allow the Sox another year to groom Sanchez and Semien and move Beckham and De Aza in a package to upgrade 3B or C.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 12:58 PM)
Same here. I don't know if this is there projected line up but off the top of my head their whole lineup in right handed.

C - Lucroy

1B - Hart

2B - Weeks

3B - Ramirez

SS - Segura

LF - Braun

CF - Gomez

RF - Davis

If Hart signed elsewhere and they did that Weeks for Dunn trade they have LH bats in Dunn and Gennet.

Dunn could do so much better in the NL, maybe 30 points better and especially in the weak central division. He can still play 1b not well but adequately.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
Dunn is 14 million.

Weeks is 11 million with an 11.5 million team option if he reaches 600 PAs in 2014 or 1,200 PAs over '13-'14. Not sure how a trade would affect the option.

The option vests with 600 PAs, so you'd be on the hook for another $11.5 mill

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
Sounds like the odds are high that Hart is going to stay with the Brewers from what I've been reading.

Well Corey Hart chose the Mariners, so the Brewers might actually want Dunn.

I wouldn't want 2 years of Ricky Weeks at 11 mil per year though. Not 2 years.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 03:26 PM)
I think the best thing to do with Dunn is to hang on to him, pray he has a great first half, and flip him for a real prospect. I think it's worth risk.

Agreed. Wait for an injury or just a desperate AL team. Dun could look really enticing to a team at the deadline if he has 15 HR's and they are only on the hook for around $8M.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)
What about Adam Dunn for Rickie Weeks. Both are FA's after the season and both fill a position that needs and upgrade for each team. Weeks was not good last year after being injured, but it would allow the Sox another year to groom Sanchez and Semien and move Beckham and De Aza in a package to upgrade 3B or C.

Considering you called the Eaton deal, I won't shoot this down :P

I'll just go ahead and post my spitball trade here, instead of the winter meetings thread, since this isn't a rumor, just an idea.....

Jays-Sox-Mariners.

Sox get 3B Brett Lawrie and SS Chris Taylor

Mariners get CF Colby Rasmus and P Scott Snodgress

Jays get 2B Gordon Beckham, RP Nate Jones, IF Carlos Sanchez, C Jesus Montero, and P Edwin Diaz

For those who don't know who Chris Taylor is...he was a 5th RD pick by the Mariners in 2012, and was just named their minor leaguer of the year for 2013. He was drafted as a glove-first SS with great speed, but since then he has dramatically improved his offensive capabilities. In 2013 across A+ and AA ball, he hit .314/.409/.455. He stole 38 bases in 43 attempts. He hit 11 triples and 8 HR, and he walked 84 times to 117 Ks. He is 23 years old and would be a great fit to take over for Alexei, especially if we trade Alexei next offseason.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)
I'll just go ahead and post my spitball trade here, instead of the winter meetings thread, since this isn't a rumor, just an idea.....

Jays-Sox-Mariners.

Jays get 2B Gordon Beckham, RP Nate Jones, C Jesus Montero, and P Edwin Diaz

That'd be pretty freakin' neat, and I like Beckham (well, sorta).

Both AA and Hahn have suggested they're working on 3-ways with some momentum within the past couple hours.

Jays-Sox-Mariners.

Jays get 2B Gordon Beckham, RP Nate Jones, C Jesus Montero, and P Edwin Diaz

Jays would have to go out an get another 3B, tho.

We'll make some kind of trade with the Blue Jays & probably another one with the Padres just because we always do. We already got our customary trade with Arizona done, but maybe if we're active we'll get another one there too. I bet it's likelier we make 4 trades with one of the above 3 teams within the same offseason than it is we trade with any one of about 15 other teams in baseball.

Jays-Sox-Mariners.

Jays get 2B Gordon Beckham, RP Nate Jones, IF Carlos Sanchez, C Jesus Montero, and P Edwin Diaz

For those who don't know who Chris Taylor is...he was a 5th RD pick by the Mariners in 2012, and was just named their minor leaguer of the year for 2013. He was drafted as a glove-first SS with great speed, but since then he has dramatically improved his offensive capabilities. In 2013 across A+ and AA ball, he hit .314/.409/.455. He stole 38 bases in 43 attempts. He hit 11 triples and 8 HR, and he walked 84 times to 117 Ks. He is 23 years old and would be a great fit to take over for Alexei, especially if we trade Alexei next offseason.

I would love this. Looks like even value too.