Teen Kills 4 in DUI Crash...

farmteam

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 04:42 PM)
For comparison, this kid was just sentenced to 15 years in prison for a drunk driving crash that killed two other teens.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/f...4#ixzz2nOOsl2Q3

This kid only killed passengers in his own car, people that knowingly entered into the vehicle of a drunk driver. I could see some leniency in such a scenario, and even one of the victim's families actually testified for him not to serve jail time.

However, this other kid killed four innocent people that just happened to be on the side of the road at the wrong time. A man lost his wife and daughter as a result and basically has had his life destroyed. But unfortunately for him, the kid who killed his family was a rich, over-privileged white kid and accountability does not aply to them.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

This kid should be executed. Killing 4 people? What the f***. At least lock hin up for life if you cant get him pricked by a death neeedle.

Im philosophically against DUI laws. And practically too.

Its not as dangerous as it sounds and all of you who've driven legally drunk before know that. Hasnt it essentially been proven that cell phone use is more dangerous? We all rationalize that one though. If you get pulled over drunk the worst you should get is the drunk tank.

I personally dont drive drunk or text behind the wheel anymore because at 80,000 lbs of unwieldy machiney that at times requires perfect focus its ludicrously irresponsible. But cars are easy, you really just need to be paying attention and you'll be fine (provided the road is dry and you arent in a deathtrap).

HOWEVER, if you kill someone with your negligent idiocy that should be the end of you. Now youve entered the world of creating victims. Joe Lunchpail who gets pulled over on the backroads with a .11 didnt hurt anyone, he shouldnt suffer. But if he did, his ass should be grass. This kid shouldnt be breathing after what he did.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 10:42 PM)
This kid should be executed. Killing 4 people? What the f***. At least lock hin up for life if you cant get him pricked by a death neeedle.

Its not as dangerous as it sounds and all of you who've driven legally drunk before know that. Hasnt it essentially been proven that cell phone use is more dangerous? We all rationalize that one though. If you get pulled over drunk the worst you should get is the drunk tank.

I personally dont drive drunk or text behind the wheel anymore because at 80,000 lbs of unwieldy machiney that at times requires perfect focus its ludicrously irresponsible. But cars are easy, you really just need to be paying attention and you'll be fine (provided the road is dry and you arent in a deathtrap).

HOWEVER, if you kill someone with your negligent idiocy that should be the end of you. Now youve entered the world of creating victims. Joe Lunchpail who gets pulled over on the backroads with a .11 didnt hurt anyone, he shouldnt suffer. But if he did, his ass should be grass. This kid shouldnt be breathing after what he did.

Drunk tank? No.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
I guess my question to the legal experts would be if the criminal defense attorney's theory as presented in court is usable by the victim in a civil suit against the parents.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 03:09 PM)
It might be, but it's not going to prove anything. Being a bad parent doesn't equate to negligence or an actionable cause of action.

I don't think it would be admissible. Like you said Jenks, the lawyer's client was the kid, not the parents. No way they could be bound by that. I suppose a plaintiff in a civil suit could try to bring it in as some sort of evidence pertaining to it, but it strikes me as too unduly prejudicial (especially given all the media attention) to be admitted.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 13, 2013 -> 10:42 PM)

Jesus Christ

I hope the kid who killed four teens learned from this. It really would be a crime if he/she doesn't give a s*** about what happened. I know nothing about the case. That kid should be thankful every day he's not in jail and pretty much dedicate a lot of his life to charitable works.

Certainly if he gets in trouble again, he'll be put away a long long time.

I would think his car would have the breathalizer ignition system the rest of his life.

Edited by greg775