Sign in to follow this  
cabiness42

2014 Winter Olympics

US Men's Curling team qualified for the Olympics by the seat of their pants. They did not have enough points from recent World Championships to qualify automatically. They finished tied for 3rd in the qualification event where the top 3 teams from the round robin advance to playoff for the final two spots, beat South Korea in the 3rd place tiebreak game, and then beat #2 Czech Rep in the final match to earn the final spot.

Women's team had already qualified via World Championships points.

I mocked Curling until I actually watched it. Now I love it... and my wife mocks me.

Yeah, between hockey and curling my wife really hates February every four years.

Hell yeah, curling is the 2nd best sport to watch in the Winter Olympics. (behind hockey of couse) I missed plenty of college classes in '02 because I was too into the curling matches to get up and leave.

Yup I think everyone likes curling. Why? No freakin idea but I know I can't stop watching it either.

Anywho hockey is awesome and I'll watch everything else to cheer for the good ol US of A.

An interesting thing to watch this year will be the injuries with Team USA. I received an email a few weeks ago begging for volunteer medical staff. With the new healthcare system in flux clinics are not allowing staff to leave for the extended period of time. The USOC doesn't have the staff that it normally does.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 08:28 AM)
An interesting thing to watch this year will be the injuries with Team USA. I received an email a few weeks ago begging for volunteer medical staff. With the new healthcare system in flux clinics are not allowing staff to leave for the extended period of time. The USOC doesn't have the staff that it normally does.

Well that sucks.

"It's Obamacare's fault the US didn't win gold."

I made my family watch Curling on Thanksgiving. I love it. The fact the athletes are working stiffs makes it interesting as does whatever it is that gets it going.

I love the Olympics.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 07:26 AM)
I mocked Curling until I actually watched it. Now I love it... and my wife mocks me.

It is addicting.

Agreed, curling is #2 behind hockey. Absolutely love Olympic hockey.

#3? Women's figure skating. No, seriously, I watch both the short and long programs. This is what happens when you grow up in a house with a big-time figure skater.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
Curling is good, I like most of the Winter Olympics though. Luge, etc its all good fun.

Luge, except for men's double, is cool. Why they have men's doubles but not women's doubles seems odd. Women's doubles luge, or mixed doubles would be hot.

Luge, except for men's double, is cool. Why they have men's doubles but not women's doubles seems odd. Women's doubles luge, or mixed doubles would be hot.

Plus we would finally get a definitive answer to whether it's better for the man or the woman to be on top.

Two suicide bombings in 24 hours just 400 miles from Sochi. There seem to be scares every go around, but Russia is pretty unstable, a bit worried something bad might go down.

I have a very bad feeling about these Olympics. Those black widow bombers have already started.

I really hope I am wrong