2014 Winter Olympics

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 05:41 PM)
If they are performing in different equipment than they trained in, then it seems like they only have themselves to blame.

I doubt the athletes had much of a say in the matter, but I agree it is ridiculous they never even really tested the uniforms. Publicity won over performance I guess.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 05:41 PM)
If they are performing in different equipment than they trained in, then it seems like they only have themselves to blame.

It's pretty common to race in equipment in which you don't train. You want more resistance during training. In track you have spikes just for the races, in swimming they typically will use higher drag suits.

However, it's not common to not have done much testing with them and then use them in the most important races of their careers.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 01:38 PM)
Not to beat a dead horse but not upset that under armour sponsored equipment continues to get bad publicity. I hope they lose all of their sponsorships so I never have to see their terrible ideas again.

That would suck. I really like their cold weather running gear.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 15, 2014 -> 04:20 PM)
I feel like their actual under-the-armour stuff is good, I like it, especially cold gear like long sleeves. It appears their equipment shoes etc doesn't hold up as well.

That could be. Other than the running gear, the only experience we have with it is my son's lacrosse cleats. They did fine excpet the little snot grew out of them in one season.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 16, 2014 -> 09:52 PM)
That's what they wanted.They want tears. It was pretty disgusting the way she kept pushing.

I read this morning that they were up to 25 stories on athletes' dead relatives. Not sure if that includes the miscarriage they discussed on air with the skeleton medalist.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 01:35 PM)
Mao Asada was one of the two co-favorites for the figure skating gold...went down on her first jump and ended up 16th after the short program.

Sad. Great champion.

Not really sad, there was story about her, if she was from South Korea, and it detailed how she didn't really compete much and this was all for fun after winning in Vancouver. She only appeared in a couple of events over the last couple of years and while she was a favorite a top performance would be tough.

Again if this was the same female skater and if she was from South Korea.