2014 Winter Olympics

I'm fine with whatever. I just don't want to risk ruining anything if there is someone who is trying to avoid seeing results (I usually just avoid twitter, ESPN and a few other websites which mostly takes care of the issue).

I deleted half of my wife's 50+ episodes of SVU from the DVR in order to make room for curling. It would be nice to be able to continue reading/posting in this thread without rendering that effort futile.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 01:46 PM)
I deleted half of my wife's 50+ episodes of SVU from the DVR in order to make room for curling. It would be nice to be able to continue reading/posting in this thread without rendering that effort futile.

I hate looking at the DVR and there are 75 episodes of Roseanne.

F*cking people. There's a petition flying around the interwebs to "stop Sochi from exterminating dogs". There are so so so many stupid people on this planet. They're one step short of exterminating homosexual humans, but yeah, a petition from some random US website is going to stop the "extermination" of stray dogs.

Meanwhile, the good old US of A euthanizes 3 million animals a year - where's the petition for that?

F*ck dumb people.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 01:24 PM)
Hockey games, at least the US ones, are all airing live. A lot of other things, including most of the curling, is not. I would say that spoiler tags are not necessary once an event is airing or has aired. If you are DVRing something and want to watch it later, then read at your own risk.

Hey, f*** that. I'm not watching the game at like 3am, but I'll be DVRing every one of them.

Until they cover an event on NBC's prime time coverage, it should require a spoiler. If not, I'll see this thread in 2.5 weeks.

Hey, f*** that. I'm not watching the game at like 3am, but I'll be DVRing every one of them.

Until they cover an event on NBC's prime time coverage, it should require a spoiler. If not, I'll see this thread in 2.5 weeks.

US Men's hockey games are all at 7:30 am, and they aren't getting re-aired in prime time.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 12:35 PM)
Yeah, I'm aware that the 2020 Summer Olympics and the 2018 and 2022 World Cups are already awarded, but I mean that by the time they award the next round of games, the US odds just got a lot higher.

Well due to FIFA's rotational policy, next WC will only be able to be awarded to North America, South America, Oceania and Africa. Africa won't get it, Oceania won't get it (Australia moved itself to Asia for FIFA purposes) and South America just had one. That leaves the US, Canada and Mexico essentially.

And this string of s*** shows in the Olympics definitely helps out Western cities as well.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 03:08 PM)
F*cking people. There's a petition flying around the interwebs to "stop Sochi from exterminating dogs". There are so so so many stupid people on this planet. They're one step short of exterminating homosexual humans, but yeah, a petition from some random US website is going to stop the "extermination" of stray dogs.

Meanwhile, the good old US of A euthanizes 3 million animals a year - where's the petition for that?

F*ck dumb people.

We at least attempt to find those animals homes first. We don't pay millions to contractors to go out and shoot cats/dogs in the streets.

Henrik Sedin is out with injury for Sweden. No word yet on whether Daniel will be emotionally stable enough to play without him.

Steven Stamkos wasn't cleared to play, Martin St. Louis replaces him for Canada, good for him, very deserving.

Anybody know if Eddie O & Doc Emerick are announcing the US games or the medal round?

Henrik Sedin is out with injury for Sweden. No word yet on whether Daniel will be emotionally stable enough to play without him.

Steven Stamkos wasn't cleared to play, Martin St. Louis replaces him for Canada, good for him, very deserving.

Anybody know if Eddie O & Doc Emerick are announcing the US games or the medal round?

NBC has 3 announcing teams listed: Emrick/Olczyk, Strader/McGuire, K. Albert/Engblom. I would guess that the #1 team has all US games and the gold medal game.

As a side note, Doc Emrick was a college classmate of both my parents. My father and Doc played together on softball teams.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)

Daniel will just be aimlessly skating in circles.

I've also heard that these things dogs are no longer fit for living among humans, that they've generally been wild for so many generations that they can only fathomably exist in the form they do now -- in cities, with relatively non-hostile humans, eating human waste. They would harm other ecosystems and they'd be too volatile to live with people.

QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 04:36 PM)
I've also heard that these things dogs are no longer fit for living among humans, that they've generally been wild for so many generations that they can only fathomably exist in the form they do now -- in cities, with relatively non-hostile humans, eating human waste. They would harm other ecosystems and they'd be too volatile to live with people.

They are wild dogs, you know, before dogs were domesticated.

Ran into some of those in mexico, mean little f***ers.