Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees

bear_brian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 05:40 PM)
According to Heyman, it probably will come right down to the deadline since each team was given the results of his physical.

It may have been Rosenthal....but I read that Wednesday will probably be the danger zone. Just because there is very little time to get the details sorted out.

QUOTE (dayan024 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 07:19 PM)
Bernie Pleskoff ‏@BerniePleskoff 2m

Formal offers for Masahiro Tanaka were submitted by #Yankees, #Dodgers, #Dbacks, #WhiteSox and #Cubs. Surprise for me-no #BlueJays.

All offers were atleast 6 for 100

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 03:15 PM)
Enough with the money. If the White Sox sign Tanaka, they can afford him. For the love of God, why do people believe the White Sox when they tell you they break even every year? Then they say they are stretching their limits and increase payroll when attendance drops. Add guys during the season when they can't spend $1 when they only have $.50. Yet people buy it. When they signed Dunn and brought back Paulie and AJ, they asked JR where he was getting the money. You save a little here a little there was his reply.

If they sign him to a big contract and pay the $20 million fee maybe, finally, everyone can see the line the team feeds you isn't true. I don't blame them. Fans wouldn't have a problem with the Sox being one of the most profitable teams in baseball if it ended like 2005 more often, but if they found out JR was savings millions upon millions for a rainy day and they play like 2013 there would be even fewer season ticketholders.

LMAO.

I could just cut and paste this for 10 years now and get all the same posts from you.

Bernie Pleskoff ‏@BerniePleskoff 13m

Teams listed for Tanaka are those reported so far. Who knows, there could be even more. Doubt it though.

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 13m

Per Nikkan Sports: #Yankees, #Dodgers, #DBacks, #WhiteSox, #Cubs made formal offers to Tanaka. All more than 6 years, $100 million

According to Nikkan Sports in Japan, five teams made formal offers -- nearly all of them worth more than $100 million over six years -- to Masahiro Tanaka on January 16.

Aaron Steen of MLB Trade Rumors provided the translation of the Japanese story. The five teams are said to be the Yankees, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, White Sox and Cubs. One team that was said to not be a serious contender for Tanaka's services was the Angels. The January 24 signing deadline is quickly approaching, and with his serious suitors now identified it's just a matter of waiting to see which winds up winning the sweepstakes for the 25-year-old.

Per Rotoworld

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 08:03 PM)
The information the last month or so has been that they are seriously interested.

Yeah the last month....but when he was first coming on the market I didnt think they would enter a bidding war for him(old posting rules too). I thought they were going to watch from afar.

Edited by Baron