2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 01:36 PM)
Does anyone actually wear a watch to tell time now a days?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
I do. Easier than pulling phone out of pocket every time.

Ditto. Plus I've been wearing one for so long now that I feel weird without it.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 02:36 PM)
Does anyone actually wear a watch to tell time now a days?

I stopped when I got a cell phone because I found that over the years, my sweat/skin ate through and rusted the metal on most base metal watches.

Now, they just feel uncomfortable to wear - even with a stainless steel one.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 11:29 AM)
There needs to be a thing called Bynes Vines.

I actually feel bad for mocking her situation and enjoying following it for entertainment purposes. She's more disturbed and ill than I thought.

She's been hanging out with the loon who was accused of pushing Britney Spears over the edge a few years ago. Yikes.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
Should have been posted yesterday, buuuuuuuuuuuut How is Columbus Day still a thing?

It's Native American Day in South Dakota (and a few other places), and I think it should be Native American Day nationally. That's not white guilt either.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 02:32 PM)
It's Native American Day in South Dakota (and a few other places), and I think it should be Native American Day nationally. That's not white guilt either.

Minneapolis changed it to Indigenous Peoples Day this year.

When I get bored I typically look at Redfin for houses in my area or near work, just to see what's out there and to explore new areas. I was looking at some northern suburbs near where I work and happened to notice prices start to drop incredibly in an area, turns out it's North Chicago. Anyone have any idea why that suburb is so damn cheap? There are tons of houses under $75k, granted they aren't top of the line and most need work, but to even see property that cheap in the Chicago area seems surprising.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 11:30 AM)
When I get bored I typically look at Redfin for houses in my area or near work, just to see what's out there and to explore new areas. I was looking at some northern suburbs near where I work and happened to notice prices start to drop incredibly in an area, turns out it's North Chicago. Anyone have any idea why that suburb is so damn cheap? There are tons of houses under $75k, granted they aren't top of the line and most need work, but to even see property that cheap in the Chicago area seems surprising.

People are moving out of North Chicago rather fast. Especially if they have kids.

I know in the past it wasn't exactly the greatest area around.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 12:09 PM)
So what you're saying is that it's "up and coming."

Buy now!

Ha!

Good info guys thanks, I had a look at some crime maps over that area and didn't look bad at all, but who knows how accurate those were. Between that and the schools getting decent grades (again, not sure how accurate) nothing seemed to add up considering there are a lot of really nice towns around it.

Yeah so, I'd avoid North Chicago. That suburb, and parts of next door Waukegan as well, are pretty darn sketchy.

Yeah so, I'd avoid North Chicago. That suburb, and parts of next door Waukegan as well, are pretty darn sketchy.

I've never been there, but I was once told that any of the cities with a direction in front of Chicago were bad news.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)
I've never been there, but I was once told that any of the cities with a direction in front of Chicago were bad news.

Apart from being boring, I can't think of anything bad about West Chicago.

Some parents may know of the Larry Gets Lost book series, a family visits a big city, the dog gets lost and sees all the landmarks in town trying to find the family. Anyway, we just got our daughter the Chicago book, and all the sports stadiums are mentioned, but for the Cell it says, "Formerly know as Comiskey Park, this is the home of the 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox".

Just thought it was hilarious they specifically mention the World Series championship in a kid's book.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 08:23 PM)
Some parents may know of the Larry Gets Lost book series, a family visits a big city, the dog gets lost and sees all the landmarks in town trying to find the family. Anyway, we just got our daughter the Chicago book, and all the sports stadiums are mentioned, but for the Cell it says, "Formerly know as Comiskey Park, this is the home of the 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox".

Just thought it was hilarious they specifically mention the World Series championship in a kid's book.

I assume you already have the White Sox 101 board book? Or is she beyond that age now?

Both our kids have them, and have been using them to collect autographs (there's a blank lines page at the end for that purpose).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 08:23 AM)
I assume you already have the White Sox 101 board book? Or is she beyond that age now?

Both our kids have them, and have been using them to collect autographs (there's a blank lines page at the end for that purpose).

She'd still be good age for that one, will have to look into it. Now that I think about it, kind of lacking on the White Sox stuff as it is.