2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 04:40 PM)
Think Chili meant that's odd that the pic of the girl has her and the phone in the shot. Usually a selfie would be her with guy in back ground, not her phone in the pic.

Right. We aren't even seeing the picture that she took, because there is a no way a camera phone can get that close of a shot, unless maybe she had that ridiculous Nokia Lumia with the 41 MP. So really what happened was a NY Post reporter took a picture of a girl and there was a potential jumper in the background? Why was he taking this picture? The whole "story" just sounds so stupid and pointless.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 06:20 PM)
Right. We aren't even seeing the picture that she took, because there is a no way a camera phone can get that close of a shot, unless maybe she had that ridiculous Nokia Lumia with the 41 MP. So really what happened was a NY Post reporter took a picture of a girl and there was a potential jumper in the background? Why was he taking this picture? The whole "story" just sounds so stupid and pointless.

And, of course, even the Lumia doesn't have all that power in its front facing camera.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 06:20 PM)
So really what happened was a NY Post reporter took a picture of a girl and there was a potential jumper in the background? Why was he taking this picture? The whole "story" just sounds so stupid and pointless.

I would assume the reason he (or she) took the picture because they were at the scene to cover this while it was going on, and the blonde stopped to take a selfie right in front of the Post people.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:37 PM)
I would assume the reason he (or she) took the picture because they were at the scene to cover this while it was going on, and the blonde stopped to take a selfie right in front of the Post people.

Ok, that makes more sense now. Although even the angle in which she is taking the camera makes it hard for me to think he was actually in her background.

Why the hell am I still awake? I'm going to regret this when I wake up for work in a few hours. Two nights in a row I'm up after 4am. I think I'll blame it on my 2 week vacation I took - it kind of threw everything out of whack. But really, it's just me being an idiot.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)
Ok, that makes more sense now. Although even the angle in which she is taking the camera makes it hard for me to think he was actually in her background.

The way I understood it, there was a group of people watching the dude on the bridge and the chick decided that she wanted a selfie with the jumper in the background.

Kind of an obnoxious thing to do. Like taking a selfie with a car accident in the background.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 11:47 AM)
The way I understood it, there was a group of people watching the dude on the bridge and the chick decided that she wanted a selfie with the jumper in the background.

Kind of an obnoxious thing to do. Like taking a selfie with a car accident in the background.

Someone must have taken her picture unless there was a great mirror there.

My 1.5 year old son did a header right into the corner of our big coffee table a few months ago. We bought the stupid thing because it was nice and rounded on all of the corners so he wouldn't hurt himself. The legs, however, are carved out and each have one little section that is squared off and comes to a point. I recall having a convo with my wife when we bought it about the odds of him falling and hitting himself on that leg as being astronomically small (the leg is also partially under the table, so I thought even if he did fall near it, he'd hit the top of the table first). Well, my son tripped one day on the rug and managed to hit that spot right under his lip. Just a perfect, one in a million shot. He was gushing blood all over me and the floor. I thought for sure he'd need 20 stitches and he'd be scarred for life. Luckily after a couple of minutes he calmed down and we cleaned him up and it wasn't that bad. He has a tiny scar, but you can't see it unless you really look for it.

He's also done a header right into the base of our iron table out on the deck. He hit his forehead square on it. That happened like 2 weeks after a buddy of mine became paralyzed from diving into shallow water. I thought for sure he broke his neck, but again, he was fine.

I've learned with this first kid that kids (1) hurt themselves constantly, and (2) are amazingly durable.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 12:48 PM)
My 1.5 year old son did a header right into the corner of our big coffee table a few months ago. We bought the stupid thing because it was nice and rounded on all of the corners so he wouldn't hurt himself. The legs, however, are carved out and each have one little section that is squared off and comes to a point. I recall having a convo with my wife when we bought it about the odds of him falling and hitting himself on that leg as being astronomically small (the leg is also partially under the table, so I thought even if he did fall near it, he'd hit the top of the table first). Well, my son tripped one day on the rug and managed to hit that spot right under his lip. Just a perfect, one in a million shot. He was gushing blood all over me and the floor. I thought for sure he'd need 20 stitches and he'd be scarred for life. Luckily after a couple of minutes he calmed down and we cleaned him up and it wasn't that bad. He has a tiny scar, but you can't see it unless you really look for it.

He's also done a header right into the base of our iron table out on the deck. He hit his forehead square on it. That happened like 2 weeks after a buddy of mine became paralyzed from diving into shallow water. I thought for sure he broke his neck, but again, he was fine.

I've learned with this first kid that kids (1) hurt themselves constantly, and (2) are amazingly durable.

Something similar to that happened to me when I was about 4 or 5. After playing Super Mario 3 in my room, I ran into the living room, slipped on a rag lying on the floor, and nailed the corner of the coffee table with my face. I missed having a broken nose by an inch or two, and instead received a gash on the left side of my nose, which needed several stitches.

A year later, my family and I were on vacation when I decided to injure myself again. Dizzy as I was spinning around in our hotel room, I lost my balance and busted my lip on a face high table. I needed several stitches, and received a fat lip and a black tooth for my clumsiness .

I still have scars from both of my accidents.

I'm told that I came within a fraction of an inch from taking out my right eye twice before I was even 3 years old. One time was from the corner of a coffee table and the other time was from the corner of a metal door of a camping trailer. Both times I hit them right at the corner of my eye.

I don't remember either accident but I have two small scars, although they both moved slightly away from my eye as I got older.

Edited by Iwritecode