2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 01:30 PM)
I liked it. I just wish Chris Nolan was running the show, and not Michael Bay. Would be cool if they made a dark and serious TNMT movie, and not a cartoonish action comedy.

Hopefully the director was able to tune Bay out and make it how he wanted

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 01:30 PM)
I liked it. I just wish Chris Nolan was running the show, and not Michael Bay. Would be cool if they made a dark and serious TNMT movie, and not a cartoonish action comedy.

I'd like to make a dark and serious smurfs movie. Would be just about as likely to work.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
I'd like to make a dark and serious smurfs movie. Would be just about as likely to work.

The mirage comic is very dark compared to the cartoon. The subject matter is there if they choose to use it. But we remember the live action muppet mouth turtles and Nickelodeon TV show

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 05:40 PM)
Yes. It really is. I have a friend who thinks it looks great. He is no longer a friend.

I just watched that. I'm sad now. I'm probably going to be laughing at that in front of the Winter Soldier next week and that realization made me sadder.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 05:01 PM)
It's sad when a movie released in 1990 looked better/more realistic than a pile of crap that will be released in 2014. Bring me zombie Jim Henson. This is a guaranteed pile of garbage.

As soon as they announced the director this movie was guaranteed to be terrible.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 06:23 PM)
I think some of you guys are overreacting cause it's Michael Bay(and yes I know he sucks) but I feel you really can't get much out of that trailer, there's not a ton there.

The turtles look so obviously CGI. It's a joke. Hence my Jim Henson comment.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 09:26 PM)
That's the worst trailer I've ever seen. Horrible design. Horrible acting. Horrible cgi (is it 2014?). And a concept that makes little sense. Replace the turtles with transformers and all the sudden it actually makes more sense.

That somehow made me less excited for a movie I wasn't excited about to begin with.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 09:38 AM)
Caught some movies on plane rides this weekend:

12 Years A Slave - good solid movie, but something about it keeps it from being in the great category. I don't think it was as "deep" as it could have been. It was more of a " and then this happened, and then this happened, and then this happened" kind of movie. 10 more minutes of some back story would have been helpful to engage me a little more with the characters. I'm also not really sure why Nyong'o won for best supporting actress. Admittedly I'm not sure about her competition, but I really didn't see anything special about her performance. Especially since her screen time seemed relatively brief. Frankly out of everyone in that movie I thought Fassbender did the best. Ejiofor was also good, but I felt like he overacted a bit at times. (the "i'm trying to survive" or whatever line was way over the top). Also LOL at Brad Pitt. Christ is he awful. Maybe that's why it wasn't great. His addition was so distracting it immediately took me out of the movie.

Wolf of Wall Street - again, good solid movie, very entertaining, but not great. Why Leo was nominated is beyond me. He's literally just playing Leo from every movie he's ever made. Same with Hill - he was funny, but what was so great about that performance? Minor gripes, since the movie itself was pretty good. Typical Scorcese though, 20-30 minutes too long.

Yeah I think Jennifer Lawrence should have won for American Hustle. She was fantastic in that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)
I think He man comes first. They tried to relaunch thunder cats a few years ago with a show on Cartoon Network and it didn't last long

The show got the axe (along with a few others) were because of the man that was in charge at the time thought kids wanted more of those live action shows. A couple of the DC shows also got canceled like Young Justice, and the Green Lantern show also cause of this. Thankfully that man is gone now. I'm pretty sure there was going to be at least a second season, I believe it was already written. Also Mon*Star (the main villain from SilverHawks) briefly appeared in an episode and that led to rumors that the SilverHawks were going to be added into future seasons, have no clue if those were real or not.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 29, 2014 -> 10:47 AM)
Shredder is a white guy and Megan Fox is April O'neil. Michael Bay is awful.

Really though, the whole premise is ridiculous. Who cares if shredder is white?

QUOTE (Greyone @ Mar 29, 2014 -> 11:37 AM)
The show got the axe (along with a few others) were because of the man that was in charge at the time thought kids wanted more of those live action shows. A couple of the DC shows also got canceled like Young Justice, and the Green Lantern show also cause of this. Thankfully that man is gone now. I'm pretty sure there was going to be at least a second season, I believe it was already written. Also Mon*Star (the main villain from SilverHawks) briefly appeared in an episode and that led to rumors that the SilverHawks were going to be added into future seasons, have no clue if those were real or not.

I watched the thunder cats show and it actually had a decent story. I was reading an article when it got canned and you could tell the writers and creators were surprised, and they said they had written a few seasons worth of storyline.

And yea, Cartoon Network did some strange things around that time with programming