2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 11:10 AM)
Won't be seeing for 4 hours...but supposedly there is a mid-credits scene and an after credits scene.

There is.

I think I recognized Elizabeth Olsen in the one scene though.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 11:09 AM)
They'll at some point have to do some recasting which could be tough.

If they follow the comics, then Captain America is already recast, Winter Soldier takes on the Captain America mantle

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 12:31 PM)
If they follow the comics, then Captain America is already recast, Winter Soldier takes on the Captain America mantle

The guy who plays the winter soldier is signed for like 9 additional movies or something ridiculous like that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 11:53 AM)
The guy who plays the winter soldier is signed for like 9 additional movies or something ridiculous like that.

The scene at the very end of the credits teases multiple more appearances.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with three particular character arcs now on AGENTS OF SHIELD.

Having just watched the t.v. show before the movie, there's quite a few areas of crossover, which hasn't been successfully pulled off in ages.

No Agent Coulson in this CA movie, but some Hill and the new character of the nurse Kate.

Wouldn't be totally shocked to see Chloe Bennett (Skye) figure somehow into a future Avengers movie.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 09:47 PM)
Captain America was damn good. Marvel just keeps impressing. But I fear guardians is going to f-up Marvel's positive run.

I felt the same but I love the trailer.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 09:28 PM)
Don't doubt batista

Tony or Jose?

Single Mom's Club B+...got ravaged by critics, but this is one of his better non-Madea movies, and Zulay Henao (Colombian) is smoking hot. Had never seen her before. Amazing for 34 or 35.

Mr. Peabody & Sherman B...fond memories of this cartoon from growing up.

Captain America: Winter Soldier...A/A- just a notch behind Avengers, Redford's addition ads some gravitas, as well as Sam Wilson...not a huge Black Widow fan, but she was more tolerable in this one. Did a really good job of tying in the past of our country with the future globalized/your enemy can be anywhere feeling that has prevailed since 9/11.

Bad Words....well done, Jason Bateman...unfortunately it won't be seen by many until it comes out on DVD...Bateman at his surly/snippy/sarcastic best, really enjoyed the interaction throughout the film with the Indian contestant. You could see the "reveal" coming a bit early, but it was still eminently watchable and pretty cleverly done. Always enjoy Allison Janney in whatever she does.

Divergent: B/B-...flatter, less charismatic versions of Katniss and Peeta (well, actually, I like FOUR in the Divergent series a lot more than Miss Everdeen's love interests, but Woodley isn't quite Jennifer Lawrence in terms of taking over a screen and making you pay attention to her)...really, what I mean to say is that this story feels a bit flat coming on the heels of Twilight and Hunger Games, but it still did well enough to make sure the entire trilogy makes it to screen. Liked Shailene more in THE DESCENDANTS with Clooney.

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20802325_2...0.html#30129104

Ranking the 9 Marvel movies...

I wonder if this current Captain America is getting a bit too much credit, also leading to a bit of upward revising for The First Avenger, and Iron Man (the first) and Thor getting a bit of a short shrift.

Didn't realize how hot Haley Atwell was until I googled her. Wow. Didn't really get that feeling at all from her in the first Avengers movie, very toned down and Jennifer Connelly-esque.

Edited by caulfield12

While Guardians is in this wave of Marvel flicks, I think it will tie into Avengers 3 more than the second one. Thanos should be the main baddie in A3, unless they tweak the origin of the Masters of Evil, and have him lead those guys. For those that don't know the Masters of Evil were a bunch of bad guys joined together to fight the Avengers in issue 6, there have been many versions of this super team.

They need to get Black Panther off the ground, that is a character that could be just as good as Cap, especially in the spy/ sabotage arena. He always was doing stuff to keep tabs on the Avengers, and get under their skin while being a good guy. If they could introduce Panther in the next five years, you easily could have Avengers 4 be Ant-Man, Panther, Scarlet Witch, Quick Silver, Vision, along with whomever else wants to be apart.

Somebody mentioned (maybe not here) they have the movies lined out until 2028, I believe that. So many ways they can go. They have only just scratched the surface of where they can go.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)
Wolf of Wall Street was great at parts, but it felt like watching Family Guy at others. You know where they would take about 5 minutes of film to do something that should have been done in 30 seconds? That drove me nuts. The movie was about an hour too long.

He did that stuff on purpose to reflect Jordan's state of mind during parts of the movie. If he's drugged up etc the movie itself appears disjointed.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 12:50 AM)
Tony or Jose?

Single Mom's Club B+...got ravaged by critics, but this is one of his better non-Madea movies, and Zulay Henao (Colombian) is smoking hot. Had never seen her before. Amazing for 34 or 35.

Mr. Peabody & Sherman B...fond memories of this cartoon from growing up.

Captain America: Winter Soldier...A/A- just a notch behind Avengers, Redford's addition ads some gravitas, as well as Sam Wilson...not a huge Black Widow fan, but she was more tolerable in this one. Did a really good job of tying in the past of our country with the future globalized/your enemy can be anywhere feeling that has prevailed since 9/11.

Bad Words....well done, Jason Bateman...unfortunately it won't be seen by many until it comes out on DVD...Bateman at his surly/snippy/sarcastic best, really enjoyed the interaction throughout the film with the Indian contestant. You could see the "reveal" coming a bit early, but it was still eminently watchable and pretty cleverly done. Always enjoy Allison Janney in whatever she does.

Divergent: B/B-...flatter, less charismatic versions of Katniss and Peeta (well, actually, I like FOUR in the Divergent series a lot more than Miss Everdeen's love interests, but Woodley isn't quite Jennifer Lawrence in terms of taking over a screen and making you pay attention to her)...really, what I mean to say is that this story feels a bit flat coming on the heels of Twilight and Hunger Games, but it still did well enough to make sure the entire trilogy makes it to screen. Liked Shailene more in THE DESCENDANTS with Clooney.

Caulfield, did you ever read The Giver? Divergent is similar to Lois Lowry's novel.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 12:39 PM)
Winter soldier very good, stll a tick below Avengers for me. Now I want to know how in the world Agents of Shield will deal with all that!

Really good (albeit long) deconstruction of the Captain America movie and its commonalities with America today...definitely worth a read, but only if you've already seen the movie.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/04/06/captain-...hield-paranoia/

From the last episode, everything is pointing to Agent Hand (Saffron Burrows)...but then Ming-Na Wen is involved, there's also the issue of who actually is the real Clairvoyant (alive or dead?). Will there be a Gary Shandling appearance on AGENTS? Kate joining the SHIELD t.v. show?

Need more Reina...she's as entertaining as Amy Acker in Person of Interest. Presumably she would need to escape from prison somehow.

Edited by caulfield12

Definitely...it's not like you wouldn't enjoy it, but the two movies have many linkages that wouldn't follow logically without having seen the first one.

Especially having to do with the military/industrial complex theme from World War II to post 9/11.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 08:59 AM)
Oh see, the Guardians trailer turned me off to the movie. Just didnt feel right. I dunno.

IMO, it seems like it is built to do exactly that. It's the "we've made enough money so were going to do whatever the **** we want and then still make it a key part of our universe's plot line" move.

There's a raccoon with a gun and Vin Diesel plays a tree.