2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 11:01 AM)
Saw the Captain America movie this past weekend. It was fun, snappy, had some good moments. But overall it was pretty empty - just popcorn fun and little else. Which is fine, but nothing specatcular.

I agree. Most Marvel movies are this way (to a person who doesn't read comics, anyways), but they are almost always worth going to see.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 07:13 AM)
The new Asian trailer for Godzilla reveals another monster. A flying beast...MUTO?

The director said Godzilla will be facing multiple Kaiju. MUTO would be awesome

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 07:13 AM)
The new Asian trailer for Godzilla reveals another monster. A flying beast...MUTO?

This is going to be so good. They should just put this out now.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 09:35 AM)
Who is MUTO? Serious question, I know absolutely nothing about the Godzilla story.

Mutated creatures, either from people genetically engineering them or as a result of nuclear disaster

http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Muto

Kind of a general term, but they all usually come from the same creature that mutates a bunch of different ways

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 08:57 AM)
This is going to be so good. They should just put this out now.

I don't know if I've ever been this pumped to see a movie. I was fired up over Pacific Rim, and that movie blew me away in IMax 3D. I feel Godzilla will be even better.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 11:50 AM)
"The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of #StarWarsVII"

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode...-announced.html

And the entire internet just broke.

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

https://twitter.com/farfarawayradio/status/...6768768/photo/1

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 11:50 AM)
"The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of #StarWarsVII"

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode...-announced.html

And the entire internet just broke.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)

Wow, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Peter Mayhew are all back? I haven't even seen any of those other than Ford in a movie in ages. Interesting. Also love that Serkis is part of this, I'd imagine he'll have some technical input as well.

It would be almost impossible to do worse than the last three they made, being the garbage films they were.

Ming the Mercilous!

pretty good list so far, some relative unknowns which should be good, plus the OT characters to pass the torch on.

Still was hoping for Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo....and Ben Skywalker

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 12:33 PM)
Ming the Merciless is still alive?

He's 85, but has always looked MUCH older. He was only 44 when he played the elderly Fr. Merrin in "The Exorcist."

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 07:51 AM)
Having seen, and loved, Cloverfield... i kind of feel like I've already seen Godzilla.

Yea, i dont think this is anywhere close to true. And I liked Cloverfield too

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
He's 85, but has always looked MUCH older. He was only 44 when he played the elderly Fr. Merrin in "The Exorcist."

Holy crap, only 44??? Easily looked 70 in that movie.

Pretty amazing not a single comment yet about the new Spider-Man movie.

It's almost more astounding that it's going to come in well behind Captain America at the box office. If you would have predicted that before the first Captain America and Avengers movie, the Las Vegas odds would have been astronomical.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 3, 2014 -> 09:59 PM)
Pretty amazing not a single comment yet about the new Spider-Man movie.

It's almost more astounding that it's going to come in well behind Captain America at the box office. If you would have predicted that before the first Captain America and Avengers movie, the Las Vegas odds would have been astronomical.

I've only heard bad things.